USA Pics (electric)

Looking at some of the pics at your link, that should be possible. Many resemble similar NH cars, but third-rail only. Thanks for the suggestion!

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Charging the Batteries

Charging-the-Batteries.jpg

NYC Tri-Power (Hybrid) switcher 1526 runs its diesel to charge batteries prior to working a siding with no third-rail.

(By the way, JATWS is back up! But this one isn't quite ready...)

Excited for the Tri-Power stuff PWeiser, always loved your electrics.

Here's an interesting suggestion. If you don't already have this in the books, try out a Dallas Area Rapid Transit SLRV-type EMU. I'll link a photo. I'd love to maybe skin them for you and create a sound file for them. It's a 3-section (used to be two-section) articulated design with 4 two-axle trucks that are in the trapezoidal indents in the cars. They come with an air whistle and air horn (probably a Leslie RS2M, can't be sure) and a standard non-electronic bell. I'd recommend making the sections separate assets to save the trouble of articulating everything and to allow flexibility within the trainset, like you did with the amazing bipolars. They are open-gangway between the articulated parts.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Excited for the Tri-Power stuff PWeiser, always loved your electrics.

Here's an interesting suggestion. If you don't already have this in the books, try out a Dallas Area Rapid Transit SLRV-type EMU. I'll link a photo. I'd love to maybe skin them for you and create a sound file for them. It's a 3-section (used to be two-section) articulated design with 4 two-axle trucks that are in the trapezoidal indents in the cars. They come with an air whistle and air horn (probably a Leslie RS2M, can't be sure) and a standard non-electronic bell. I'd recommend making the sections separate assets to save the trouble of articulating everything and to allow flexibility within the trainset, like you did with the amazing bipolars. They are open-gangway between the articulated parts.

Thanks for reading!

Hmmm... how'd I miss this? I used to see those at the crossing in Farmer's Branch (now elevated).

Hmmm... how'd I miss this? I used to see those at the crossing in Farmer's Branch (now elevated).

Interesting, you're from the Dallas area too? :)
Thanks for considering my suggestion, love the Tri-Powers and your MILW stuff!

Please don't forget the roll signs on the DART stuff :)

Last edited:
Waiting, Waiting...

In-the-Car-Barn.jpg

Waiting for work at the North Shore car barn...

On-the-Way.jpg

and speeding toward a Black Friday arrival somewhere in Lionel(tm)-land ;) .

Back