USA Pics (electric)

I’ve seen a lot of pics of diesel locs hauled by electric ones, any reason why ?

Speaking of the Great Northern specifically, the electrics were removed from service when the new Cascade tunnel with forced ventilation to allow diesels to operate inside was opened. So they were more of a necessity than helper power until then. The diesels might have run on the steep approaches and curves for push and dynamic braking, and to be up to speed when the electrics cut off on the fly (if they did that). Not sure how they handled train heating for passenger trains, which would also be a concern.

4M8a8ri.jpg

1NQaBPu.jpg

0miSnjb.jpg

PvRiSXh.jpg

wJ3OjnS.jpg

// Erik from Sweden

erik where did you get those AEM-7's are they VBG's modified or are they a completely new model or is it just using a lot of enhancements in photoshop?

Peter: You are 100% correct, the AEM-7's are the old VBG ones (though these are slightly modified).

KenRuof: You can find the boat HERE, it's called Motor yatch Olympus.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i9QPRHh.jpg

rkqo9AY.jpg

Br5xSsw.jpg

// Erik from Sweden

The complete Pweiser Electric Locomotive collection in 92273 Beta (I think I have them all)

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Does not include trailers etc. :D

Back