USA Pics (electric)

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Out in the Fields

It's still possible to have fun in TS2009...

Farmers-Need-the-Rain.jpg

and even do some work (wheat to market, in this case).

Granger-Electric.jpg

(Those boxcars are on the way to the interchange track with a Class 1.)

(Could also be Urban)

Greatly admiring @normhart's Chicago scenes, tried a few on my work-in-progress ITSy interurban line - night and rain (TS2009, use your imagination):

Street-Scene.jpg

street scene

Overpass.jpg

overpass

Ground-Level.jpg

from ground level

Natural?

It's good to see your rolling stock in their natural environment. :D

;) Heh. Not particularly natural, or prototypical. The ITSy is sort of slapped together for enjoyable operation and photo ops, basically three modules (small town, big town, small city = dogbone, loop, return loop) connected by an improbably two-track mainline with a wildly unlikely three-way distributer in the middle based on the NYW&B's prototype four-track distributer. In fact, a lot of the signal architecture is New Haven... I figure since most of these people never get east of Cincinnati they probably think semaphore signals are all *naturally* left-handed.

Have to write it up for "design your own railroad" sometime.

;) Heh. Not particularly natural, or prototypical. The ITSy is sort of slapped together for enjoyable operation and photo ops, basically three modules (small town, big town, small city = dogbone, loop, return loop) connected by an improbably two-track mainline with a wildly unlikely three-way distributer in the middle based on the NYW&B's prototype four-track distributer. In fact, a lot of the signal architecture is New Haven... I figure since most of these people never get east of Cincinnati they probably think semaphore signals are all *naturally* left-handed.

Have to write it up for "design your own railroad" sometime.

What I meant was TS2009 :D

My lord have the Interurban floodgates have opened. All I have to say is finally! Not going to lie though, I'm more partial to the Philadelphia & Western Brill Bullets and the SEPTA ABB N5 cars who replaced them. I live near it and boy do I love it.

@railwoodman and @slenderman8888 - great shots with fine atmospherics: shows how the Corridor/PRR electrification traffic has changed over the years.

Summer Folk: Excursions

A well-known Dr enjoys his ride to the Nantasket Beach Resort, somewhat previous to the present...
The-Dr-on-Excursion.jpg

Other "summer folk" ride in the trailer.
Summer-Folk---Open-Trailer.jpg

(Hoping to make these available soon. An old challenge with some perplexing details.)

@normhart - Goodness, those look better in more recent Trainz versions! :udrool:

Thanks for testing. IRL one motor could pull up to three trailers, hadn't tried multiple trailers but glad it works. Some of your shots also look more like "beach" environment than anything I've got ready to hand.

Back