USA Pics (electric)

TRS19_2020-11-15_15-17-39-839.png

Well to get it to work in 12 depends on how the mesh and texturing is set up. Although if the author wants to spend additional time he could maybe create a seperate TS12 version that is a modified version of the original. From all I know all he might need to do is change some config.txt tags.

2020-11-17-082344_orig.png

A North Shore merchandise dispatch train crosses over the Milwaukee Road C&M Subdivision outside of Milwaukee, WI circa 1944.

Thanks! Expect to see more of that stuff when my North Shore Line route goes into full swing.

Your screenshot seems to have vanished from the thread. As it happens, I downloaded it while it was visible... with your permission, I'll post a .jpg version of it via the Trainz portal image collection. (Not sure, but the screenshot going away may have been related to its being in .png format.)

edit: Never mind, it's back. Wonder why my browser wasn't showing it for a while there?

Last edited:
Nice shots, y'all. I especially love the ones with North Shore equipment.
Quick question, but what assets/systems/kits can be recommended? I'm looking to implement my own wiring for use with PWeiser's equipment. I'm looking mainly at the New Haven and North Shore items.

NH Catenary

Nice shots, y'all. I especially love the ones with North Shore equipment.
Quick question, but what assets/systems/kits can be recommended? I'm looking to implement my own wiring for use with PWeiser's equipment. I'm looking mainly at the New Haven and North Shore items.

(Also to @Giac425) Search "NH Cat" on DLS, including TS2004 for GFisher's mainline New Haven catenary system and TS2009 for my 2-track NYW&B version. These are scenery splines, so some manipulation is necessary to get track neatly under them. Not sure about trolley wire systems - I built my own but it hasn't been posted since it's very simple and still at TS2009 or below.

(Also to @Giac425) Search "NH Cat" on DLS, including TS2004 for GFisher's mainline New Haven catenary system and TS2009 for my 2-track NYW&B version. These are scenery splines, so some manipulation is necessary to get track neatly under them. Not sure about trolley wire systems - I built my own but it hasn't been posted since it's very simple and still at TS2009 or below.
Thanks Pweiser :) Are there any pylons that work with the single-track NH catenary wires?

Thanks Pweiser :) Are there any pylons that work with the single-track NH catenary wires?

The only such prototype installations that come to mind (and a quick look at photo sources) are on the New Canaan line. They have rather spindly fabricated verticals with transmission insulators at the top, often supporting the actual catenary with a short span wire. I'd say almost any of the available Trainz catenary support towers would do - the thinner the better, and black rather than silver.

Back