USA Pics (electric)

Starting the long climb towards Drexel.

DZUFu6Do_o.png

Thank-you Norm. That route is very atmospheric and one of my favorites. I think TUME's EF4 still looks good in TRS19.

Your shots are really great. I love them!

Is that a PRR GE E44 "Brick" in NH livery? It looks really nice.

PWeiser's E5 looks so elegant. Thanks for posting.

Heinrich505

Oh, right, the EF-4. I actually went up to the Virginia Transportation Museum to get some details of their EL-C/EF-4/E33... but couldn't get a look through the cab windows to perfect its cab interior (which is pretty awful). Maybe the update's interior can be really, really dark gray :( . Looking on the bright side, the trucks will do with a little polish.

And Here it Is

Ex-VGN, future PC and CR...

Bypassing-the-Station.jpg

(these were liked in the gallery for some reason, so here they are again).
New-Haven-301-in-Lights.jpg

(Hunter's Point - or is it Hunt's Point? - on my little New York Division layout.)

@deadpoolmx55 -The textures there are incredible - or, to put it another way, totally credible. Fabulous shot!

Last edited:
Darkness falls on the railroad town of Avery. The Avery to Drexel night run is just starting up as lights come on in the town and residents sit down to dinner. No rest for the engine crew though.

VDtGAPKZ_o.png

Stainless Steel and High Iron

The Merchants Limited approaching the Hell Gate Bridge, under catenary...

476-Approaching-Hell-Gate-Bridge.jpg

and on the big bridge:

476-Crossing-Hell-Gate-Bridge.jpg

Looking so much better without that backpack.

Whish the California Zephyr was like this.
With windows and a interiors and beautiful stainless steel look.

Sigh...

Heinrich505, have you been able to get all the stars in the Avery to Drexel session? Most I can get is 4, and I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. It appears to finish just fine. I can't go any faster, because if I get up to the top too soon, the light is red, and TUME says that is a bug. But he did not answer when I asked him the question about the stars (he hasn't posted progress to his screenshots thread in a long time either. I hope he is OK).

Heinrich505, have you been able to get all the stars in the Avery to Drexel session? Most I can get is 4, and I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. It appears to finish just fine. I can't go any faster, because if I get up to the top too soon, the light is red, and TUME says that is a bug. But he did not answer when I asked him the question about the stars (he hasn't posted progress to his screenshots thread in a long time either. I hope he is OK).

I just purchased this route (and am still semi-new to Trainz). The control method defaults to DCC rather than realistic for the sessions in this route. Is there a way to change this setting?

Forester1,
I did get all the stars. Maybe I was just lucky. I reported that bug with the red signal to N3V. They are aware of it and will address it.

This is one of my favorite sessions, so when I hit the red signal, I did some experimenting because I wanted to finish properly. I found that I could take control of the oncoming freight and drive it onto the siding, which then freed up the siding signal for my consist. Once the oncoming freight was clear and parked on the siding and almost to the tunnel, the signal went green and I was able to proceed and finish the session. I think I had to change the switch on the far end of the siding manually once I drove the other freight out of the way. This was not the way the session played out in TANE, so there was a problem when the route was brought over into TRS19.

So, if you get there too soon and get held by the red signal at the tunnel mouth, try driving the oncoming freight out of the way to let you proceed.

Kknobl,
I've always been able to drive the session in Cab Mode. When you start the session, look to the lower right. There are three colored buttons that you can click on. They let you toggle between DCC, Cab, or choosing commands to auto-control the train.

Hope that helps.

Heinrich505

More of pweiser's new baggage/lounge, this time in the early morning (sorry the bar is closed).

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

TANE

:D

Last edited:
Normhart,
Love the night shots. Very atmospheric. The interior shots of PWeiser's coaches are great.

What route is that? The catenary looks very good.

Heinrich505

Normhart,
Love the night shots. Very atmospheric. The interior shots of PWeiser's coaches are great.

What route is that? The catenary looks very good.

Heinrich505

Thanks, that is my redo of an older version of msgsapper's New England Coastal. I do not have permission to share it and most of the trees are payware in any case. The catenary itself is a gfisher asset. It took quite a long time and I'm not at all sure it is anywhere near prototypical but it does look good if I do say so myself. :D

Last edited:
Back