Car Tagger

That might help.

Certainly did. The light went on in my head right at 9:59 in the video, I failed to Name the DDB. All working now.
Many thanks for making the detailed explanation.

BTW, I think Car Taggers last gasp was TANE SP2, not SP3. I have SP3 (Steam version) and it does not work.

Just to let everyone know I have permission to fix car tagger from wulfc. So I have updated it to work in TANE SP3+ and TRS19, it is build 4.5. This has been tested
by friends of mine and works. It should be on the DLS soon as I approved it today.

Just grabbed the new version and can confirm it works. Though I am having an issue that car tagger isn't seeing my Proto Lars industries. I cant recall if this was an issue with the old version of car tagger in TRS12 or not.

It sees the regular multiple industry new, and other industry tracks. As well as the JR Multi Industry. Though I am having issue with the JR multi industry at the moment.

Definitely a useful tool, thank you for updating and making it available!

Now my questions come:

How do I open the HUD again in TRS19 when I closed it in driver? - Forgot it, I found the way. It´s double click on the cars.

And what does it do me if I provide cars with a goal? Except for the overview (if I could open it again) where each car should go. Or is it similar to the Destination Database? Can you link it to any rule?

Can I also mark portals with goods so that they are marked for me where to go? Or do I have to keep it in my head that the autoracks which are empty go there and full there.

Last edited:
I'd like to try this out and have downloaded the following....

<kuid:522214:100525> Car Tagger Install Rule TANE SP3-TRS19
<kuid:522214:100526> Car Tagger TANE SP3-TRS19
<kuid2:30671:90001:2> Panel access Library
<kuid2:30671:90002:2> Destination Database Library
<kuid2:30671:60010:4> Panel Selector Rule

However, in the video tutorial, posted here earlier, it shows a little building which from the authors description is key to tagging. Yet I cannot find it by searching for Destination Database as shown in the tutorial video. Where is this little building? Is it called something else?
So far I cannot see how all this fits together...I am obviously missing something here.
Any help appreciated.

Using TRS19 [UK Regional] build 105096.
Cheers,
Val.

Last edited:
Thanks for the Updated Car Tagger. I give you 100 Dollars if you could update CMTM to work In SP3 Or TRainz 2019.

Last edited:
I'd like to try this out and have downloaded the following....

<kuid:522214:100525> Car Tagger Install Rule TANE SP3-TRS19
<kuid:522214:100526> Car Tagger TANE SP3-TRS19
<kuid2:30671:90001:2> Panel access Library
<kuid2:30671:90002:2> Destination Database Library
<kuid2:30671:60010:4> Panel Selector Rule

However, in the video tutorial, posted here earlier, it shows a little building which from the authors description is key to tagging. Yet I cannot find it by searching for Destination Database as shown in the tutorial video. Where is this little building? Is it called something else?
So far I cannot see how all this fits together...I am obviously missing something here.
Any help appreciated.

Using TRS19 [UK Regional] build 105096.
Cheers,
Val.

To use car tagger you don't need destination database. You only need a route, industries, cars, and car tagger.

To use car tagger you don't need destination database. You only need a route, industries, cars, and car tagger.

I am assuming this needs to be actioned in a session, not a route, right?
But how do you tag a car [box wagon, flat, hopper, etc]
The video showed a building which is used to configure destination industries. I am a bit lost here.

Thanks for the video! I would like see more like this.
Also the route featured was mine and I'm guessing I messed up the title, the NE was meant to be for Nebraska?
Thanks again,
Dean

Last edited:
Cheers JIb228
After watching it now makes sense. Many thanks.
Val.

I figured video was easier than trying to type it all out. However my recording software has been giving me issues. I'm defiantly willing to make more how to videos. I also live stream on Twitch a few times a week different train sims, including Trainz

Thanks for the video! I would like see more like this.
Also the route featured was mine and I'm guessing I messed up the title, the NE was meant to be for Nebraska?
Thanks again,
Dean

I was reading NE as North East. I've played a little on your route but recommended it to others. Might play on it more and use it for more tutorial videos of some sort in the future, after making some small changes.

If you have some ideas on things to change regarding route please send a PM if you feel like it. I'm always open to suggestions! I'm honored to see someone else enjoying it.
Dean

As I have some time to spare I'm revisiting Car Tagger. I uploaded a new version which (hopefully) works on TRS22.
I could not try out multiplayer so their might be issues in that area. Lets see how it goes. :D

I have sent v7 into the upload queue. This should provide a workaround for https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...nchronouslyLoadGameObjectByID-does-not-return . Let me know how it goes.

I haven't incorporated yet a fix for https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?163487-Car-Tagger-not-working as I think the proposed fix by aroeder (which was incorporated by KenRuof) might introduce concurrency issues. So far I haven't received a timeout yet (with limited vehicles on UMR 2021).

I'm also contemplating backporting to TRS19 as my kid got himself TRS19 on Black Friday. :D

I have found an issue. I am using Trainz Plus which is Trainz 22 I think.? Well when I send a train out to another destination every minute or so the train in motion reverts back to None. How do I fix this?

I am having the same issue as above. All tags are cleared when the train enter a different section/spline of track. I am also running Trainz Plus.

Last edited:
Back