Car Tagger

I'm putting in a new soup into the allTags at 482. I don't see how allTags can be locked at all. (It is the equivalent of CMTMSoup at 654.)
So I'm not modifying any subsoup at all.

That all didn't make sense to me. I reproduced the issue though. At line 450 I set allTags to the saved soup, which is a locked soup.
In effect it means any restored save can't re-tag. Can you confirm you were using a restored save?

After I have delivered and the car has been loaded or unloded, I tried to tag it for a portal, but got the dreaded red bug
Ran the route from the session and tagged the cars myself.

Was able to tag to a portal after unloading. Am using HF4.

Harold

I also had a problem when i used ProtoLars/PL-Industry. They don't show up in the list as being a IND to unload a product.
Can these be added so routes can be more prototype.?

v4 is in the upload queue. It should fix the restored save bug.

If a car / industry doesn't work I need to know the kuid of the car, industry and the product the car was hauling (if any).

Wolfc, The Industiers I tryed are PL Quarry KUID2:105915:100238:2>
The Cars I used H62R 4bay hopper Great Northern KUID2:56063:83022:2>

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.
Works now in Multiplayer.............

We are testing the corrections in a Private MP UMR Session and seems to be working beautifully.
To All Others, when this update is available on the DLS - CHECK IT OUT.

Last edited:
wolfc,

Can the car tagger clear the current destination tag (set to none) when a car changes load status? i.e.: loaded to empty or empty to loaded.

Rick

Last edited:
When you move to another car (+ or - key or click on another car) the load status is updated.

True. But not what I was asking for. I would like the destination to be set to none when the load status changes.

I've edit the original post to reflect the change I would like, a little better.

Last edited:
Sorry Rick I think I only really read the last half of your question but to answer your actual question I think it is now possible to click on the Tag option again to change the destination to a new one. If no destination shows up then either the industries are not set to use that cars load or there is something missing in the config.txt file for the car which Car Tagger requires to identify the car and its intended use.

I hope I have done better this time and now helped with your problem.

Well you have answered a question. Just not mine. Perhaps I should say that I mostly play multiplayer UMR and other user's don't bother to change the distination as you point out is very easy. So I was hoping Wolff could make this change to help those other players who seem to be too lazy. Ok.

Based on CMTM I was thinking maybe it would be possible to do destination tags with interactive industries.

So I wrote up a Car Tagger library and a Car Tagger Install rule (<KUID:30097:100004>). Just add it to your session and give it a go.

Note that right now not all type of cars are supported yet. First priority will be to get those on UMR Short Route working. :)

Please post your comments and suggestions here.

v0:
- initial release
v1:
- sort destinations
- empty car was matched by an input queue
- not all queues were properly checked for loaded cars
v2:
- fallback to GetLocalisedName if no CMTM tags are found
- reworked checking in/output queues (this will highlight buggy assets though)
- allow free-format destination
v3:
- configurable options for free-format engine/car, check industry needs (v1 style destination matching)
- number of cars enroute
- industry queue status
v4:
- fix locked soup on restored save
v5 (upload queue):
- fixes for multiplayer
This sounds like a really interesting concept and I will have to try it out soon in my route. Thanks for making this!

I've just started using this, and I'm loving it. Just one request if I may? Could you set a hotkey or an option for it to not automatically pop up? I'm wearing out my ESC key here ;)

Video - how to configure and use

I'm resurrecting this thread because

a. It is a really great and useful addition that pushes the boundaries, even if it does have some deficiencies (only configured in Driver, only one destination, industries must be configured to produce/consume the same commodity as the freight car, cannot designate Track Marks as destinations).

b. I hope that the author will continue development.

c. It needs to be more widely known and should be used more often.

d. Most importantly, ages ago I promised an instructional video which I have only now got round to making (best watched full screen and in HD):

In the Session layer add the Car Tagger Rule as shown. The interactive industries must also be configured in the Session layer to either produce or consume one of the commodities that are carried in the appropriate freight car.

In Driver a tag can be added to each car. The tag shows the destination industry.

The Car Tagger screen can be made visible by clicking on any car in the consist or by using the + or - key when driving the locomotive. "Esc" will dismiss the tag screen.

Tags will be saved when Driver sessions are saved.

Last edited:
I agree with you Phil that this need more work an ma-be a database to work with it if possible to use with hump yard classifications?
I use a MIN in my yards to give a way to route cars to the yards. don't connect them to any track just name them
AA+ name of the yard.Always use the AA so they show up first on the car tagger list.
The MIN need to be setup with all the commodity that used in your route or session product & consume.
Vanguard, I take it and drag it to the bottom of the screen and it don't popup any more.
Just click the X then a car to bring up a new screen to set your car destination.

Last edited:
Back