Car Tagger

i really like this idea -- i run small switching routes, and hand-loading like this is ideal. my problem is two: one, that in TANE i get "menu items loading" -- something like that, as a message when i right-click on an object. my other is, that going back to trainz 2010, where things like 'waybill' show, when i want to add car-tagger with the content-app in 2010, it shows in the list, but can't be found at the download station. i guess this is what you guys are talking about when you say 'black' and 'white' lists? i've D/L'd 'tagger' from TANE. thanks.

This doesn't work in TANE SP3.

PM'd the author and haven't had a reply.

A great asset would be a shame if it disappeared.

Harold

Hello Dap,

I would like to put in my 2 cents here and say it would like Car forwarding system. I have seen someone do something to this kind of this in the pass.
CMTM need to have it kuid problem fixed first. It has not worked properly since 2009.
I have just done a download of CMTMstem4 and this has come up. ? gsvlib <kuid2:61392:4006:12>
And now CMv3.7 has stopped working. I'll keep you informed on how it goes.
Thank you for your hard work in this.

ljstott

Last edited:
Hello Dap,

I would like to put in my 2 cents here and say it would like Car forwarding system. I have seen someone do something to this kind of this in the pass.
CMTM need to have it kuid problem fixed first. It has not worked properly since 2009.
I have just done a download of CMTMstem4 and this has come up. ? gsvlib <kuid2:61392:4006:12>
And now CMv3.7 has stopped working. I'll keep you informed on how it goes.
Thank you for your hard work in this.

ljstott

This thread is for the Car Tagger asset and not CMTMs.

i really like this idea -- i run small switching routes, and hand-loading like this is ideal. my problem is two: one, that in TANE i get "menu items loading" -- something like that, as a message when i right-click on an object. my other is, that going back to trainz 2010, where things like 'waybill' show, when i want to add car-tagger with the content-app in 2010, it shows in the list, but can't be found at the download station. i guess this is what you guys are talking about when you say 'black' and 'white' lists? i've D/L'd 'tagger' from TANE. thanks.
On the "menu items loading". I see this every" time I try to load "commodity picker". Someone said that in TRS19 the problem was solved. It is not. So why buy it?

Hello JIB228,
Thank you for letting me know. But I would like to direct you to your post which is #3 of this thread and see what are you say there.
Car tagger and CMTM is something that I think are in line with what I call railroad transport system. If people are trying to make they railroad as real as possible then this type is the way to go.
I see other train sims that have something in line to what I'm talking about here. If we are trying to make this a virtual railroad then let's look at what the real railroad uses to keep track of they car movements.
I have a lot of kuid to find so back to it.
thank you for your time.

ljstott

CarTagger works in SP2 fine. That is why saving old versions is important.

CMTM works in TANE and TRS2019. Have a single player session for the Fairmont and Kelley Shortline.

<kuid2:450846:100549:1> Fairmont and Kelly Shortline SP CMTM4

tane_fairmont1.jpg

Discussed here:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...d-Kelly-Shortline-Single-Player-CMTM4-Session

CMTM is limited by the handling of route size and assets by TANE and 2019, most of the old CMTM routes timeout error.

Still have TS12 Cattaraugus and Long Island Western on my HD and still play them.

Too bad Car Tagger will never be updated.

Harold

Last edited:
Hello JIB228,
Thank you for letting me know. But I would like to direct you to your post which is #3 of this thread and see what are you say there.
Car tagger and CMTM is something that I think are in line with what I call railroad transport system. If people are trying to make they railroad as real as possible then this type is the way to go.
I see other train sims that have something in line to what I'm talking about here. If we are trying to make this a virtual railroad then let's look at what the real railroad uses to keep track of they car movements.
I have a lot of kuid to find so back to it.
thank you for your time.

ljstott

Yea, that was me saying that I like the car tagger asset. Not saying that Car tagger and CMTM are the same thing. So asking about CMTM here is asking in the wrong place.

O.K. So I see that the line of process from car tagger to car management is that what is wrong here.
If you have a car tagger then you will need a Tag reader to which end you end up at CMTM.
Just saying you will stay with CMTM is the same. I was not asking about CMTM I was adding extra to the point of view.
With car taggers come a line of process that will end up at CMTM. So how is this asking about CMTM.
Are we not trying to make this a virtual railroad sim as to that of some feature of the real railroad.
If what I have been trying to say here is not the right place to say anything then I leave altogether.
with that said I have a lot of kuid to find and I need to get to it.

I have the Steam edition of TANE so rolling back to SP2 is just not an option.
OTOH I really enjoyed Car Tagger. I just don't get the same enjoyment out of the sim without the real world objective it allows.
Thought finally occurred to me I could reinstall TS12 and use if for my NA freight operations.
Car Tagger is back!

I've also found that the Destination Database off TPR still works in TRS19. Its not as in depth as car tagger, but it works.

I've also found that the Destination Database off TPR still works in TRS19. Its not as in depth as car tagger, but it works.

Like most things TRAINZ, the included PDF explanation is vague and cryptic.

Could never figure out how to get the system to work.

Harold

Like most things TRAINZ, the included PDF explanation is vague and cryptic.

Could never figure out how to get the system to work.

Harold

It took some tinkering, but I sorted it out.

Just download Car Tagger for Trainz19 and it threw a ton of errors at me. So there's that I guess.

It took some tinkering, but I sorted it out.

Just download Car Tagger for Trainz19 and it threw a ton of errors at me. So there's that I guess.

I can get the setup part ok, but once the session starts there is no info on the cntl-R "view details" box.

I can get the setup part ok, but once the session starts there is no info on the cntl-R "view details" box.

Are you talking Destination Database? Because if so, that's not where it shows up. You heed to also have the Panel Selector rule (I think thats what its called) installed.

I'll make a quick how to video tonight when I get home from work.

Others have said that it doesn't work in Tane SP3 or above. The author wolfc appears to be content to live it as is.

William

Are you talking Destination Database? Because if so, that's not where it shows up. You heed to also have the Panel Selector rule (I think thats what its called) installed.

I'll make a quick how to video tonight when I get home from work.

Yes. Installed Panel Selector, but it finds no panels.

Back