Google Maps Railfanning Section (READ RULES!)

<link removed because Google Maps doesn't want to cooperate with me and allow the link to work>
UP #2176, spartan cab SD60 in the deadline at Nampa, Idaho.

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.645...4!1sQ04NyfeaaBEAoHX8dBjIgg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Lowell, MA

B&M 0-6-0 #410 sitting stuffed next to the tracks of the former downtown Lowell mill branch of former Boston and Maine Railroad. To the right is a replica of an open trolley car from the Eastern Massachusetts Street Railway. The trolley runs on the former mill branch as part of the Lowell Industrial National Park, and also provides transport for the locals as well.

The branch is now embargoed by Pan Am Railways and has been cut from the junction at Broadway Street located to the right of the trolley about a mile down the tracks, though the crossovers and switch are still in place.

Those decrepit trains pose a threat to our community. It makes me extremely angered to see those ugly, horrible trains. Myself and other concerned citizens will be protesting these trains being here. Sign our online petition: www.protectourtownfromtrains.com

I love doing NIMBY impressions.

Good one!

Atkinson, NH would go along with that! Our local transit authority, the MBTA was working with the state of New Hampshire to put service back up to Plaistow, NH. the next town over the MA border. The residents of Atkinson, mostly the fat broads with hair pulled back and hyphenated last names, came out like a herd of cows and yelled loudly. They didn't want the trains overnighting in Plaistow because the trains might make noise and smell, which is located 2 miles from Atkinson. Note the might make noise part! The state and "T" caved and there are no passenger trains over the border except for the Downeaster which whizzes by Plaistow at 78mph. Instead these fat office broads drive 6 miles south to Haverhill station, try to park for free on the streets and complain about getting tickets down there, and take the train from Haverhill.

John

Back