Navajo Mine Railroad

flusi737

SBB Cargo Germany
Hello all,

The BM&LP is done, and i searched for a new project...and then discovered something that looked REALLY odd!!:

pictures%5C65058%5Cnmr%209%202011-06-02.JPG

I did some research and found out....that there are about 10 pics and 1 10sec long video about this RR around!! It seems to be a 14 miles long RR called Navajo Mine Railroad that is operated by BHP Bilton and transports coal to the APS Four Corners Generating Station:

The line uses two trains, each with the following parts: 1x E60C-2 (or CP, ex Amtrak), 21 coal hoppers and one Alco C425 WITHOUT engine.
Only the E60 is used to pull/push the train, the ALCO is just there to provide a cab if the train runs back to the mine. The E60 is radio controlled from there...

I also noticed that the catenary seems to be very high, thats why the E60's have some odd things on the roof:

2740054663_3b905995c5_m.jpg

page182.jpg

So well.....to the trainz part:

I already did the 'normal' E60CF, MA and C-2, so i am able to do the loco. I'm also able to do hoppers and that AlCo thing. The route + catenary should be no problem as well. All i would 'need' is a.) a DEM of the route, and b.).....someone who has ANY info/pics about this line??

Merry Christmas and a good day,

Felix :)

PS: Hoppers!!
/hostthenpost.org/uplo8b36f425a7b2.jpg[/img][/url]

Last edited:
Interesting...neat that through Trainz you've "discovered" a lesser-known railroad. Do you know what the two structures are on top of the locomotive?

I have no clue....i rebuilt what i saw, but dont know what it is :/ I'd like to have more infos about this RR too, but BHP Bilton is not very cooperative lol

Last edited:
Back