Large downloads problem

Sean_lee

Noticed with large downloads 15mb or over from DS that everything seems to be fine,showing downloading in CM, then everything slows and then stops,and installation does not happen. Small files not a problem,everything works fine. this has been happening for weeks now.I usually give up and delete the item. Any ideas.

A number of people, including myself have reported this problem in CMP, but so far nobody's ever suggested a solution (except buy a 1st class ticket.) I finally started using the FTP pages to download anything larger than 1.9 MB.

A number of people, including myself have reported this problem in CMP, but so far nobody's ever suggested a solution (except buy a 1st class ticket.) I finally started using the FTP pages to download anything larger than 1.9 MB.
Thanks for reply,hope it something that is being worked on, some updates on some content are quite large,and also from updates menu same problem????

Hmm, I've noticed this too, although over here it happens around 35Mb or bigger files. Here's what you can try.
After the CMP came to a grinding halt open the <trainz root install folder>/UserData/cache/internet folder, find the last downloaded file and check its size with that of the halted download. Leave the folder open and close the CMP. Now wait until TadDeamon has stopped running and then move the file you found to any other location on your HD. When you've done that open up the CMP again and via the menu File / Import CDP import the file you've found and moved. Seems to work every time, at least over here. ;)

Greetings from nighttime Amsterdam,

Jan

Even obtaining a FCT doesn't cure the problem. Whenever I install a route in my Content Manager I always move my cursor to the download helper area and click on size, this then puts all of the assets to be automatically installed in size order from top to bottom, you can then click on STOP to halt proceedings and make a note of all the assets over a certain volume, I normally have a cut off point of about 20mb's. I then manually obtain them from the DLS and put them into a folder on my hard drive, you can cancel the installation process, manually install the larger volume assets, so, they don't get picked automatically again by the download helper and resume the route installation. it's a bit messy, but, it certainly helps to cut down on the tiresome delay.

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.

Back