Error message: Junction is missing lever

ccowan2126

I am operating on the Reading and Northern route and have bee encountering something that I cannot track down. When trying to send an AI train to a particular destination via "navigate to..." I sometimes get the error message "Cannot plot path. Junction is missing lever". I have been up and down the track between the two points (from the Western end to the central Southern end) but cannot find the problem. Anyone ever run across this before and know of some weird trick to fix it?

Thanks.

normally the error gives a junction name/number. Once located its easy to fix. Take a note of the junction name and do a search for it in surveyor. Then simply add the appropriate lever once you have found it.

Manually drive the route with the show junction overlays option on. All junctions will have red and green arrows visible. Somewhere you have 2 red arrows or none at all.

Other issues can cause that message also. Sometimes track will un-link itself from fixed objects (e.g. rail crossings, points, bridges etc) which are not immediately discernible. What happens is you can spend a lot of time looking for a missing lever, where in fact it is a track break that is causing the problem. Also, I had one particular instance where a tunnel was faulty - there was no track break and as soon as I drove through the tunnel I found I could then set the 'Drive To' function correctly. Have a look for the obvious causes (i.e. missing junction lever) then drive the route. You will get several indications of a track break, including a red signal in the preceding block; keep driving and your train will de-rail at the faulty point. However, if you find a fault like I had with the tunnel then a 'replace asset' command is needed.
Bob

Also the lever might still be there and showing correct arrows. It might have moved slightly to the wrong side on the spline point so comes up as missing.

Little knoiwn fact: There are 2 ways to lay a junction lever, by placing it outside either the R or L rail, way out past the tie ends ... you can tug the lever to either side

Thanks to all the replies. I have tried all of the above and have not been able to locate anything. I think it may be some other type of error that I cannot figure out. I have driven the route back and forth and no OBVIOUS problem was detected. I will keep working on it and let you all know if I find something really weird. I can work around the error, at least nothing derails or worse.

Thanks, again to all.

In surveyor, lay trackmarks down on your planned route. Use the drive via command, then command via 1, via 2 via 3 etc. Eventually the consist will give you the no lever notification. You know then whereabouts to look.
It's very easy to miss missing levers.
Trouble is with an Ai driver if your giving it drive to industry XX command you don't know for sure which way it will go. They will go onto the inside track if possible and also go through yards. Not logical to us.

Occasionally missing levers in areas not at all related to your destination path will cause this as well. Because of the way AI attempts to calculate paths it will look through many possible paths to determine the "best" one to take, if it encounters a missing junction on any of these paths it will throw the error instead of ignoring it and trying a different one.

Fix:

I've had this problem before, and the simple solution is:

Step 1: Break the siding track leading off of the switch.
Step 2: Relay the track
Step 3: Exit and re-enter the world

It should've fixed it. :)

Cheers

Back