Gwladys Ddu (GWR) - Oil?

alexl102

Learning... slowly!
Hi,
I've been enjoying a nice hefty session with far too many trains on this map. The only thing is, the Coal mine requires Diesel fuel to operate after the first batch of coal is produced, but as far as I can tell there's nowhere on the map from where to get said oil. Have I missed something or is there an alternative?

Also, can anyone recommend any other good British routes with a number of industries that require each other to work, but that aren't ridiculously huge? I like Angelah's routes but I can never get any of the industries to work.

Cheers!

Mr 102,I too like the new Gwlady although I've changed my local copy to have speedtrees from McGuirel and others - along with a few additions such as making the stations work with passengers, adding portals to emit and consume various fine GWR tains, etcetera. I didn't add an oil-producing industry - although "Oil and LNG Loader," is small enough to fit into a goods or shunting yard somewhere.You can also change the defaults of the coalmine (click on it when the "?" button is active in Surveyor's tab for placing hooseys and such) by altering the values for oil/coal start and consumption/production amounts). If you then save as a new route (eg "GWLADYS Ddu my_vers 1A") the new coalmine values (and the oil/LNG production platform, if you added it in) will be included.Lataxe, always messing with even the best downloaded routes.PS There are hordes of other good British routes. See this thread:http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?3301-UK-Layouts&highlight=layoutsPPS Sorry about the lack of paragraphs - CR won't work for me in the editor.

Back