TS12 Corrupted .ja Files

My downloaded file sizes pre SP1 not sure this will help but as least an idea of what the file sizes were. as a tip once you get good files copy them to DVD's & leave copy on your hard drive, better safe than sorry.

setup.exe 767KB
setup-1a.bin 1,528,531KB
setup-1b.bin 1,529,297KB
setup-2a.bin 1,529,297KB
setup-2b.bin 1,529,297KB
setup-3a.bin 283,921KB

Hi Kevin,

Definitely contact the helpdesk. This will be another iron in the fire for them to look at. As a former IT support person, I understand where they are coming from. One instance usually means there's a glitch somewhere while more than one problem with the same process usually means something is borked pretty bad.

John

Aye I have already done so however I have not heard anything from them save for the initial "Re-download the Setup2a.bin file which I have done so 3 times. Im waiting for the next reply however I dont expect it for quite some time.

There must be something going on with Simulator Central's help desk software. I just got an auto generated email saying that they had not heard from me and wanted to know if my issue was still open.

YES!

I have posted 4 responses and sent 4 emails since their last contact. Makes me think they are shutdown for the holiday? Not sure, but if any of them read this, MY ISSUE IS STILL OPEN!

There must be something going on with Simulator Central's help desk software. I just got an auto generated email saying that they had not heard from me and wanted to know if my issue was still open.YES!I have posted 4 responses and sent 4 emails since their last contact. Makes me think they are shutdown for the holiday? Not sure, but if any of them read this, MY ISSUE IS STILL OPEN!
I referenced this thread in my support ticket so hopefully they run some sort of issue consolidation policy.(we used to do that at my last firm - 1 issue was worked and had 20 identical issues closed on the back of the one issue being solved).

I referenced this thread in my support ticket so hopefully they run some sort of issue consolidation policy.(we used to do that at my last firm - 1 issue was worked and had 20 identical issues closed on the back of the one issue being solved).

Yes, they've done this in the past with issues that affect multiple users. I used to do that where I used to work as well.

Mr. Baxter,

They don't work on weekends and their hours are 9am to 5pm ADT which puts them about 12-16 hours ahead of us.

John

John,
I have now received a second automated email from Simulator Central stating that they have not heard from me since their last request for information. I am including the text of the response I just sent. I believe sufficient time has passed for them to have come off the weekend and review their inbox. Any suggestions on how I should proceed, besides initiating a new help ticket?

"----- Forwarded Message -----

Subject: Re: [#VYY-390-99405]: Bad DIsk 2 for TS2012 10th Anniversary Edition

This is my THIRD attempt to respond to this message. My issue is not resolved and I request a follow up to the previous issues I described.

I also intend to open another ticket as it appears you are not receiving any of my emails, nor able to review my postings at the support center.

Sent: Thursday, November 28, 2013 6:59 PM

I sent this email two days ago, as well as posted the same response on line under my ticket number. This issue is not resolved. I will post there as well.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

Sent: Tue, Nov 26, 2013 11:36:37 PM

I have a Word file attached with a screen shot of my file sizes. I will try and paste it here as well.

All attempts with multiple download tries have failed on install. To say I am frustrated is an understatement. It should not be this hard to download and install software. I am almost to the point of requesting a refund of my money. Any assistance you can provide is still appreciated.

BTW, I have found others with this exact same issue. Some on the Jointed Rail forums that report corrupted download files and incorrect file sizes. They even talk about possible having to share .ja files to help each other get the game installed. Amazing.

To:
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2013 11:44 PM
Subject: [#VYY-390-99405]: Bad DIsk 2 for TS2012 10th Anniversary Edition

Please send me the file sizes for each you downloaded and I will check to see if they are correct and which one may need to be redownloaded.

Ticket Details

Ticket ID: VYY-390-99405
Department: Other
Type: Support
Priority: Urgent

Support Center: http://support.simulatorcentral.com/index.php?"

Last edited:
Reply to the ticket in the helpdesk in addition to sending an email. This will ensure that Felix receives the message.

I love ticketing systems! I used to handle one at Oracle which was just spiffy and swell to work with - NOT!

John

Support (Felix) updated me that they have re-uploaded the files to Amazon S3 and there was indeed a cock up internally at Auran. I have re-downloaded everything and no surprise it does in fact now execute and install as expected.

This is a Me Too...
downloaded TS12 SP1 as a special offer. Same problem as you other guys.
Attempted downloading several times until I almost reached the termination of download limit.
However I did ticket the help desk, received the automated response and then had an answer requesting the titles of the corrupted files.
I replied to that and today was informed that my downloads had been reset, the corrupted files had been rectified and just download all over again. This sucks as I have a 10Gb download limit per month and then get charged £10 for additional 10Gb.. The special offer then becomes very expensive, or I could have a Big Mac and free wifi to download VERY slowly.

Ah well ts2010 suited me fine but now has asset checking going on and locks me out.
Main reason for this post is to say that the ticket system does work and the files have been corrected, not checked yet though...

Thanks to all you folks out there who provide such invaluable content/comments Helian43

Got the same email notification late last night. Started the downloads on the way out the door to work.

Will let let you guys know how it goes.

Thanks for for the updates! Sometimes it is good to know you are not alone, or crazy! :)

Thank you, guys for the update on this.

I like to see resolution of issues I've been involved with. In my old tech days, it was my responsibility to follow-up and resolve all issues that we took ownership for. Old habits die hard, I guess.

John

Back