Question about Irish steam engines

I've done a bit towards one, with the help of Domsarto's research, but I'm afraid more pressing things have held it up.
Hoping to get back to it sometime in the new year, but good quality detail photos of the locos are proving elusive. Has anyone on here been to the museum to photograph it?

One of my more active projects is a GSR style semaphore signal.

Chris.

I know it's been a long time but I have, at last, got something into trainz.

The green is near to the colour it is in the museum, but it seems it also carried a darker shade.
Fiachra has given me some pretty good ideas, and provided the colour test patches on the tender, but as I've no idea as to how dark it should be I'd be glad of any extra input.

Chris.

That's nice! :D I love it. It's so good to see something a bit different being made. As for the colour, it looks about right as it is- although I prefer the lighter GSR livery.

Last edited:
Nice work - looks like I will have to dust off one of my dormant Irish route projects!

If anyone wants this loco contact me by personal message stating whether you want it for five foot three or standard gauge.

NOTE this is to trainz build 2.8 and uses dependencies for enginespec and interior from TC3.
These dependencies can be changed to something more modern in the config, and will be warning and error free in TS12 if the trainz build is changed to 3.7.

Chris.

Last edited:
This is incredible Chris! It is great to have what is definitely the pride of the Irish Railways on Trainz

Glad you like the final result, and thank you for your input, it hasn't been the easiest loco to research.

Chris.

Also if anyone wants to apply the CIE Green Livery, this video is a good reference. 670 is in the livery(but very dirty) but the coaches are the same green.

Back