Black Mesa and Lake Powell Railroad

Be assured, once you have found your way around, you won't put it aside again, not with all the excellent geo data at your disposal.

I thought so, thats why i bought it :D and i used a lot of DEM's, they are the most helpful thing a route builder can get :)

Now back to the E60 topic....last step: Turn it into a traincar

Stealing this thread temporarily, as perhaps Flusi737 can use the Transdem information also.

I want to become a DEM maker for the community, and provide free DEM's for everyone.

I need to know what data to download, as when I go to a USGS site I am totally lost.

I mainly want to get NE US data

I really want seamless edges when merging very large DEM's, so I don't know what size, and format of data is best (1/3, 1/9 ... etc ...).

This is the most daunting task, finding, locating the proper data, that will provide the best terrain detail, and the best terrain for seamlessly merging maps.

was a bit bored....model by davesnow

SRP = Salt River project, the group that owns the BM&LP and the Navajo Generating Station

+ a new car......

The fleet is growing....

Last edited:
Just to say - still working on this

Tracks + Catenary finished, working on the roads and streets

If i do this...my pc will kill itself :S

Last edited:
Cant you just make a giant flusi WIP thread? You have like 5 or 6 different half completed/started project threads.

Just to 'kick....'... well, the project is finished ;) HAHA, NOT HALF FINISHED!! completely done, took me 89 hours, we have 3:12 am in germany now and i just placed the last railway crossing '50KV' warning sign.

Felix :wave:

Just to 'kick....'... well, the project is finished ;) HAHA, NOT HALF FINISHED!! completely done, took me 89 hours, we have 3:12 am in germany now and i just placed the last railway crossing '50KV' warning sign.

Felix :wave:

For real! Wow, that was quick. Crazy. Great work

Thanks you two :p

I made:

>>> prototypical route, all roads, tracks, buildings correct
>>> All E60 versions the BMLP uses (E60CF, E60C-2 in two liveries)
>>> reskin of Bethgons into BM&LP paint

If you worked straight 24/7, no breaks, you have gotten it done in 3 days, 16 hours, and 48 minutes. That means, if you finished at 3:12AM your time, you would have started on December 10th, 10:24AM. Oh the joys of ADHD.

Oh the joys of ADHD.

Correct in this case :) I started last Tuesday btw...lots of cola and coffee helped to keep myself working :D

now FINALLY some official pics (i did not post many, hate showing unfinished things...)

Last edited:
Back