new or not so new changes since HF4

martinvk

since 10 Aug 2002
I've skipped a few HF levels, just when straight to HF4 and have a few questions. (installed with only a few minor issues that I'll fix later)
1 What happened to the toggle traffic button in the Spline mode menu?
2 What is a bound layer in the properties dialog box?
3 Nice grouping of many options in the Main Menu / Options / Control Settings. Is there a printable list of all the settings, too many to remember?

1 What happened to the toggle traffic button in the Spline mode menu?

I think you're describe the 'road traffic' button in the 'Edit Environment' menu (World tab.)

2 What is a bound layer in the properties dialog box?

It causes the object to follow the visibility of a different layer. Useful for creating sessions which modify the visibility of splines or other objects which were present in a route layer.

3 Nice grouping of many options in the Main Menu / Options / Control Settings. Is there a printable list of all the settings, too many to remember?

We don't have a printable list of these, sorry.

chris

Do you mean the one in the Documentation folder? The Launcher image on page 12 is from build 45843 as are the rest of the screen shots as far as I can see.

Is there another manual with the new menu items?

Do you mean the one in the Documentation folder? The Launcher image on page 12 is from build 45843 as are the rest of the screen shots as far as I can see.

Is there another manual with the new menu items?

Which menu items are you talking about specifically? The keyboard controls, right? Keyboard controls are all listed in the manual.

chris

Which menu items are you talking about specifically? The keyboard controls, right? Keyboard controls are all listed in the manual.

chris
In the Control Settings are some I didn't find in the manual like Alt-Ctrl-Shift-Z. On the menu bar, Wire Frame view is F9. The Control Settings mentions two: Toggle Wirefrme Ctrl-W and Toggle true wireframe Alt-W ( which doesn't do anything on my screen as far a I can see). Are there others?

I also notice that if I zoom out too far, the baseboard view disappears, replaced by the generic blue background and the words "Loading ..." near the bottom of the screen on a dark blue band. If I zoom back in, the baseboards reappear.

In the Control Settings are some I didn't find in the manual like Alt-Ctrl-Shift-Z. On the menu bar, Wire Frame view is F9. The Control Settings mentions two: Toggle Wirefrme Ctrl-W and Toggle true wireframe Alt-W ( which doesn't do anything on my screen as far a I can see). Are there others?

Most likely. The game itself is the definitive source. :)

chris

I also notice that if I zoom out too far, the baseboard view disappears, replaced by the generic blue background and the words "Loading ..." near the bottom of the screen on a dark blue band. If I zoom back in, the baseboards reappear.

Hi Martin, I could not reproduce this bug here in-house with any of the built in routes. Could you please provide us with some more detailed steps to reproduce this bug using buil-in content or easily available DLS contents.

Regards,
Sidds

Hi Martin, I could not reproduce this bug here in-house with any of the built in routes. Could you please provide us with some more detailed steps to reproduce this bug using buil-in content or easily available DLS contents.

Regards,
Sidds
Will have to get back to you on this. As in most of my routes, the majority of the objects are home-made. One of the reasons it takes so long, I keep stopping to make something. The problem is probably somewhere in one of those objects. Will build a new route adding the objects one at a time to test. Interesting symptom.

I just finished a test in which I made a list of all the objects in my route and then added them one at a time to a single new baseboard. After each addition, I zoomed out to the maximum to see if the problem would appear.

Some things were not duplicated: the size and ground file. The problem route was made from a DEM imported from MicroDEM via HOG.
The second thing that was different was the time. The problem appeared soon after the HF4 upgrade.

The test board didn't have the zoom problem. When I went back to the route I was working on, the problem had also disappeared.

So I was unable to replicate the problem. The issue can be closed as not reproducible.:eek:

Back