HF4 uploaded and now no speedtrees

peterwhite

Steam Rules OK
I've uploaded and installed HF4 with my antivirus turned off. Performed an extended database repair and now have no speedtrees on my routes. :(

Just wondering if you are using that SpeedTree "fix" which might mess up the patching process? Worth getting a yes or no on that first.

If not that look for the SpeedTree library in CM and check for errors, may need a revert to original.

Just wondering if you are using that SpeedTree "fix" which might mess up the patching process? Worth getting a yes or no on that first.

If not that look for the SpeedTree library in CM and check for errors, may need a revert to original.

No I'm not using the Speedtree 'fix'.

Checked in CM for errors and everything is ok.

And it's on ALL routes including built in.

Peter

Hey Peter,

We tried to trace the problem here in-house, but couldn't get to repro it. We have speedtrees in all the routes and surveyors etc. We even changed the Video settings between Open GL and Direct X graphics modes and tried to repro the bug in Nvidia and Amd machines.

Could you try changing the video settings between Direct X and Open GL and see if the bug still exists? Updating video card drivers and your OS (for direct x, etc updates) would be a recommended step as well. Check if you still have no speed trees in the built-in routes after doing these updates and post back.

Regards,
Sidds

Hi Sidds

Thanks for all the suggestions but I do not need to try them. Used the famous standby retort of all IT technicians. Turn it off and then turn it back on again, and guess what, I now have speedtrees!!!
Did it without realising though because I turned my computer off last night still perplexed by the missing tress but when I booted up this morning they were there.
I'm sure there is a gremlin in my PC that likes to play around with me.:hehe:

Peter

Back