Trainz simulator 12 and windows 8

Nonicd0

Any known compatibility issues any one knows of? I've downloaded the program, but cannot get it to install. I get a prompt to run disc 3? I've set this program up on an old computer with no issues. I have submitted a help ticket but haven't heard anything yet. So any information or suggestions are very much appreciated. Thanks so much!

Hi and welcome to Trainz,

I have submitted a help ticket but haven't heard anything yet.
Probably because you did not register your game to your account yet. Note that a lot of people will simply ignore your post as long as you did not register the game to your account. To do so, follow this link:
https://www.auran.com/planetauran/SN_Enter_Serialnumber.php

Where did you download the game from?

I have the game running on Windows 8 without any problems.

If it's a digital download version, all of the setup files must be put in the same folder.

Shane

P.S. Oknotsen - this is one of those cases where registering the serial will make no difference to the end result.

Last edited:
I installed through the download system onto my laptop which has Windows 8 and have had no problems.
My desk top is Windows 7 and I have had no problems.

Hi there Oknotsen and Shane and Psteg. Thanks so much for answering my post, and I'm glad to hear you've had good luck with Win 8 :). Yes it is a digital download version. So far all the files, including the installer, are sitting in my downloads folder. Should I either move them or re download them? (Sorry, not too savy here). When I try to install the program, the program will begin to set up, actually get quite aways thru the set up process, then stop and I get the following message "Set Up Needs The Next Disk. Please Insert Disk 3 and click ok. If the files on this disk can be found in a folder other than the one displayed below (C:\Users\Braden\Downloads), enter the correct path or click browse". All the files were downloaded to: C:\Users\Braden\Downloads. So I'm not sure what to do next.......... Any help is greatfully accepted and much appreciated :)

I finally got the program to install. One of the downloaded files had an extra "dot" in the file name. I don't know what prompted me to study the file names, but once I removed the extra "dot" I was able to install the program.

Back