Question Mark at begining of Content Manager Content Name?

dmerrick

Content Manager 3.7 (Build 58414)

I've been trying to download some content in the download center and have noticed a strange behavior.
Many of the items listed have a question mark at the beginning of their title.

For instance:
?Winter27,<kuid:99446:22248>

I have noticed that these assets do not install, I have also noticed that in the Content Manager they don't show as broken, or missing any dependencies, or obsolete, or anything that would clue me in as to what's wrong with it.
Could this be an international character encoding issue?
In any event, I can't download any of them.

Is this a bug? :confused:

I just DL it and it installed just fine.
I'm looking at in CMv3.7 no errors or warnings.
lets see if it shows in surveyor....
It does but not very well I think you could find better.

Last edited:
Isn't it usually the fact that a character is not recognised by the system? Like the cryllic characters.
Doesn't normally stop it downloading though, you just dont know what it is.
cheers,
Mike

The only thing I can think of that would prevent it downloading is if it's a 3.7 build asset and the OP doesn't have SP1 installed.

dmerrick - does it appear in red in the Download Helper pane? If so, hover over it to find out the reason.

Shane

There are a number of dave drake's trees that were fouled up by the initial implementation of Speedtreez which summarily obsoleted them.

These are like lost souls wandering back and forth, one minute obsolete, next showing up as superseded. Just validate them using View errors and warnings and they'll scoot back to the DLS. Or throw them into DLH and Start. That often changes them back to Obsolete. However, they will return.

Winter27 is OK. Just remove the ?.

Back