Filmed a trainz vid,can't find it,can't upload it,help.

hotgrove

It was so easy before windows 8.....does anyone know how i can find my video and what format do i use for uploading.........i used bandicam..........thanks.

Last edited:
I believe for Bandicam should tell you where to save the footage after you're done recording it. For uploading, are you referring to YouTube? If so, .wmv is a pretty good choice. You can achieve 1080p with this, and seems to upload the fastest for me.

GDennish

Last edited:
Thanks for the help folks.....i found my video by accident however............it seems to have a mind of its own........i followed instructions and started fiming in tracking mode for the full ten minutes......i sat back and let it record......on playback i have just over 5 mins of erratic filming with the camera jumping all over the place ?..............i will try it once more.........thanks again.

Hotgrove,

I should ask what are you using to record with? That would have helped. :)

If you are using FRAPS, I believe it puts it in the C:\FRAPS folder. I can't remember because it's been awhile since I used the application. Others have a thing for the C:\Users\{Your login}\Documents\Videos.

If you are using FRAPS, try setting the video resolution down a bit. If I recall from the past, I had the same issue and this is how I resolved it. By default it wants to create a video equal to the resolution you are running at. Try something a bit lower and check the results.

John

It's in the first post, Bandicam.

Or should I say?

It's in..............the first post...............bandicam

Doh. I realized that after I had posted and I had read that last night.

There shouldn't be a reason to run the application at start-up, however, it could very well be permissions causing issues.

I would check that and the resolution. I noticed with FRAPS that if I set the video resolution too high, I recorded a slideshow particularly when Trainz got to some built-up areas where Driver gets a bit stuttery anyway as this only made things worse.

John

The help is much appreciated guys.....once again i've stumbled upon it......not sure if there was anything i could do to improve the quality however i eventually got it posted......over 5 hours wait for 10 mins viewing..........thanks again.

The two most common formats for video probably are WDM and MP4. MP4 being the most common and it's the format acceptable to U-Tube.

Back