Virginia Railway Express System

See, you can expand the NEC to Fredericksburg, and Fredericksburg to Sanford for most of Amtrak's eastern north-south routes. :hehe: It would be a first...

I dont expand the NEC to Fredericksburg, i plan expanding it to Richmond, VA, since it is terminus for most NER trains. Dont expect me to do a 800+ miles line only for one UNINTERESTING and SILLY train PER DAY!! Even the Surfliner is more interesting for a route builder than this...

trains 52+53 are auto trains. one per day in EACH direction. as you may noticed...i dont really care about freight. thats why i built the NEC lol
and about the 'day'....the NEC took me 2 years. 453 miles + 54 miles (keystone) in 2 years. so 4 years for the Auto Train?? nope...

Im curious if you will be modeling a small bit into Maryland with the MARC, and the slow moving CSX line as well as the transit line. And also this route is insanely realistic, very nice work! Also if you need some pics of the MARC line and transit lines I have some pics as far as Takoma.

MARC? I did the complete NEC from Alexandria - Washington - New York - Boston...one MARC line is included (Washington - Baltimore - Perryville)
Here...the line continues 457 miles to the north from Washington. all i do now is edding the VRE System in the south of WAS

After arriving at WAS and changing the Engine, the train departs towards Boston. In 7 3/4h will the train arrive there (and yup, i will really sitting in front of my PC for the next 8h until i reach Boston South Station...)

Last edited:
Hello flusi737, the tracks you use are very detailed, could you please tell me where do you got them? :)

The Northeast Regional trains are terminating in Norfolk, Newport News, or Lynchburg during the week now if you are feeling really bold. And if you want to take it even further the Lynchburg trains are going all the way to Roanoke sometime in the 2016-2017 range.

The Northeast Regional trains are terminating in Norfolk, Newport News, or Lynchburg during the week now if you are feeling really bold. And if you want to take it even further the Lynchburg trains are going all the way to Roanoke sometime in the 2016-2017 range.

I'd love the Norfolk one, but it might help to wait for the station building to be built... right now it's a platform with a portable trailer as the station.

Wow!! Before I retired, I commuted on the VRE from Broad Run Station (the start of the Manassas line) to L'enfant or Crystal City for about seven years. Wonder if any of it would run on my iPad or MacBook. Amazing what Trainz can do with a skillful developer. Great job!

As much as I hate seeing a 4 year old thread being bumped. I have too say that there is definitely a lack of VRE stuff for trainz. I had done a VRE GP39 in TS06 with someones old model.
If I am correct, there are a couple of VRE GP40's on Trainz commuter rail. that are done with RRMODS TS04 model. But no newer VRE stuff has been made.

Last edited:
Back