817Taylor's Works in Progress

5e29172f28637875e84d3e4c7d42e05e.jpg

been a while since I touched any kind of route.
Scrolling through my old routes I built partly and left, I stumbled across something I called "Rock Island Dingy". The original intent of the route was it for to be like Scratchy's "City Module", but like many of my projects I lost motivation and dropped it. A few buildings and a lone screenshot is as far as it got.
this screenshot.
d6ebf83af21303014e53a89898a2e8e5.jpg

behind the camera there was a bridge overpass and a bunch of other buildings, now I am thinking with the way it's laid out I can sort of do it like my area where there is town right next to each other, but use some woodland hills inbetween.

this is an areal shot.
d3adec84ad91320332d8fbed048fbb35.jpg

on the left of this shot you can see the double interchange, or this.
2e03e6dfb00ebbd9c54c163c74a4e7d2.jpg

I am thinking that I should continue along with this project, and I might just do it as a demo for the website.

-Taylor

Taking parts from old routes and putting them together, I create this. However I had an issue where it wouldn't let me save, I got around that, but now I can't save sessions. If the problem persists, the route will be no more, however for now, enjoy some progress shots.

9a1a844af61ef353176bc21fba5c3e42.jpg

835a087cae4d5314cdfd220a611b5c0c.jpg

d5522b5328eec3767ff2ed778759fe41.jpg

501337e084d64958285a003db18b5965.jpg

6aba9ae9d484c4bb0b61912ad431642f.jpg

3f0bed69a44565feba8a6e59c094da26.jpg

The reskin kit is from Adam, we have to wait to get permission from Ben Neal to release it.

Per the license of the engine in question, the only reason you'd need my permission is if you're planning on selling your reskin and/or alternate reskin kit.*

readme.txt said:
Feel free to reskin this and release it when and wherever you like as freeware. All I ask is that you indicate where to find the original package and also include the original readme which credits the authors who have contributed to the creation of this asset. This asset may not be used by any payware content without permission.

Perhaps that's not as clear as I thought? I'll take feedback on that.

The intention is to release people from having to contact me to get permission to release their reskins. I freely admit that I'm horrible about responding to emails, so I'd rather not hold anyone up by making them wait for a response which might or might not come.

*BTW, if that ever comes up, the blanket answer is "only if you're willing to pay me royalties." :D

Cheers!
Ben

Per the license of the engine in question, the only reason you'd need my permission is if you're planning on selling your reskin and/or alternate reskin kit.*

Perhaps that's not as clear as I thought? I'll take feedback on that.

The intention is to release people from having to contact me to get permission to release their reskins. I freely admit that I'm horrible about responding to emails, so I'd rather not hold anyone up by making them wait for a response which might or might not come.

*BTW, if that ever comes up, the blanket answer is "only if you're willing to pay me royalties." :D

Cheers!
Ben

Ben,

Some choose not to read all the details and understand it to the fullest extent. I think it makes perfect and clear sense what is written in the readme.txt file. LOL!

Paul,
I did not make the reksin kit and I was told by the person that did he wanted to make sure the baked version of this engine is okay to release. Not my decision to make. Just following directions from the person who made the kit.

Back