JointedRail website have any problems?

pdkoester

DoubleYouPea & Espee fan!
I wanted to start this thread as a result of the website at www.jointedrail.com is not going past the main site page. I tried clicking on the login, the pay-ware, etc., it won't go. :( I noticed the item of the week got changed just before I did that, also. :confused: If there is a problem, and a person fixes it, could that be let known here? ;) Maybe sticky this area as a website issues check? Anyway, I was hoping to make a purchase, but cannot. :'(

Thank you in advance,

:wave:

Paul

I wanted to start this thread as a result of the website at www.jointedrail.com is not going past the main site page. I tried clicking on the login, the pay-ware, etc., it won't go. :( I noticed the item of the week got changed just before I did that, also. :confused: If there is a problem, and a person fixes it, could that be let known here? ;) Maybe sticky this area as a website issues check? Anyway, I was hoping to make a purchase, but cannot. :'(

Thank you in advance,

:wave:

Paul

Did you try refreshing your browser? I know if internet takes a bump or something like browsers act stupid sometimes, it will do things like this. Seen it before, and this usually fixes it for me. If not try reverting to another browser until you get the results you are looking for.

Okay, so I may have jumped to conclusion, the Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 8.1 is fudging it up. Even if switching between compatibility mode or not. I downloaded Firefox, works there. This is embarrassing. Sorry for the false alarm, but at least keep this handy to report a problem, if such a thing does happen. Thanks guys.

Paul

No Paul you are correct! We have had sporadic reports of the same issue. I am wondering myself if it could be a browser issue. No internal changes have been made to the site in a couple of weeks. However we will monitor this and if anyone else is having the issue can you please post here so we can try to identify it?

Thanks!

Mike

I just personally tried on my own end here too and had no issues all across the board with Firefox. As soon as i tried Internet Explorer 10....login kept bouncing.

Were going to look at some things here but if you need to get on we suggest not using Internet Explorer, rather use Firefox or another browser.

Could it be a IE-specific cookie-related problem?

Shane

Yes...seems as though IE 10 is unable to accept cookies and is causing some of these problems...although we've had a few others report they cant even navigate on some parts of the website as well.

Well, now it shows this...

"[h=1]Server Upgrades....[/h][h=2]please try again soon...[/h]"

So, something is going on. It isn't just me. Taking your advice, use Chrome or Firefox, after the upgrades are completed.

Paul

Site is back up and out of server update mode.

Appears as though the Internet Explorer issue is something within IE itself. We have found if you backdate your PC's date back to any date other than the current day, it will let you login and otherwise do whatever you want. However as soon as you change it to the current day again, it disallows logins and other parts as well.

For that reason we suggest and highly recommend using Mozilla Firefox and/or Google Chrome at this time.

Site is back up and out of server update mode.

Appears as though the Internet Explorer issue is something within IE itself. We have found if you backdate your PC's date back to any date other than the current day, it will let you login and otherwise do whatever you want. However as soon as you change it to the current day again, it disallows logins and other parts as well.

For that reason we suggest and highly recommend using Mozilla Firefox and/or Google Chrome at this time.

I'd totally agree with you. But, it seems to work fine at this very moment, again. IE 11 over here. I don't know what the problem was earlier.

Paul

Well, it is still not allowing ordering, but does navigate around, whatever... AVOID the internet explorer for now... geez!

Paul

Last edited:
I'd totally agree with you. But, it seems to work fine at this very moment, again. IE 11 over here. I don't know what the problem was earlier.

Paul

Well, it is still not allowing ordering, but does navigate around, whatever... AVOID the internet explorer for now... geez!

Paul

Yessir....time to avoid IE like the plague it usually tends to be! Theres nothing we can do to fix this as of now...

Kept getting stuck in a re-direct loop. Seems to be working now though.

You didnt see the above post then about this. I'll repost it here again.

"Site is back up and out of server update mode.

For that reason we suggest and highly recommend using Mozilla Firefox and/or Google Chrome at this time."

Back