Article: M/M, TWOR, E2, TANE, Kickstarter Nov 13

Absolutely brilliant! Look at what Chris Roberts and the Star Citizen team have achieved with their kick starter project - now $24 million raised and counting!
You can make serious games/ simulators with that sort of crowd-funded money, especially if there's a pool of dedicated fans.
Top marks to the Trainz team! I like the road-map and I salute the initiative.
PC_Ace

Get behind this initiative lads (and lasses) - this is your chance to really influence the future of Trainz Simulators.
It's the way to bring those dreams to fruition...
I'm in the queue to make my pledge!
PC_Ace

Last edited:
Sounds great!! So when do we receive the first of these new features/programs?

TWoR Beta-Test will be announced in the coming weeks.
Mac 2 (name tbd) will also be in Beta shortly.
More detailed explanations about each feature will be part of the Kickstarter project
Trainz: A New Era (TANE/T2) will be released Dec 2014

So excited. Is Mainline the name of the successor to TS12?

Trainz: A New Era (TANE, or we are calling it T2 for short) is the project name chosen for Kickstarter. Whether this remains the name of the released product will be up to the people pledging their support.

Mainline is the name of the green line on our mystery map moving from Trainz Community Edition through TS12 and no on towards TANE.

And to PC_Ace - congratulations on being the first in the queue. Welcome aboard!

I like what I'm reading regarding this Kickstarter project - the only problem I have personally (nothing wrong with the idea) is my lack of funds. Hopefully even small amounts are acceptable.

Shane

Sounds really promising and I will look seriously at joining the KickStarter project.

What is not clear to me is the relationship between the future Mainline branch line and the Engine Support and Engine Graphics lines. Is it the supporting technology to achieve the Mainline goals?

Cheers

Sounds really promising and I will look seriously at joining the KickStarter project.

What is not clear to me is the relationship between the future Mainline branch line and the Engine Support and Engine Graphics lines. Is it the supporting technology to achieve the Mainline goals?

Cheers

100% correct - the new engine will be the foundation of Trainz: A New Era and will eventually migrate into all future Trainz product lines.

You can find out some more detail here.

Put another way, Home Rund Dude!

100% correct - the new engine will be the foundation of Trainz: A New Era and will eventually migrate into all future Trainz product lines.

You can find out some more detail here.

Here it comes from NV3;

3. Brand new game engine - E2
Custom-built from the ground up to be optimized for train and rail simulation
Backwards compatible with existing Trainz content.
Currently being integrated into the core Trainz code
Full world shadows, multi-core for performance, 64 bit, all the latest graphics techniques and shaders, enormous draw distance.
Development will continue to add more features.
Eventually all products - Mac, mobile, World of Rail and Trainz "mainline" will leverage E2

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

I'll buy it. Home run, thank you!

Excellent news! Your aspirations certainly exceed what I would have dared to dream and I will certainly be supporting the Kickstarter project.

The ABCD choices are tough though as they are all "essentials". Is it safe to assume that whichever two do not get chosen initially will eventually appear in a subsequent release?

Anthony

OMG :eek: my head is spinning now :confused: : so much a revolution ...
I'll will have to take some time to digest all this ...
... and this KickStarter thingy is something I didn't had the faintest idea of existence :confused: ...
You say "Backwards compatible wit existing Trainz content" ... and, I hope : backwards compatible with existing maps, so we have not to re-build years of DEM terrain modeling ?
I have to say that you have overpassed my dreams and expectations, guys : the drool mop is back
:mop:!!

Cheers,

Philippe

A NEW ENGINE! YES! AURAN TRAINZ PLEASE TAKE MY MONEY!

I like the plans, and I am 100% behind the future! Please make it a reality!

Maybe I'm reading this a different way than others are reading it but I don't see a firm commitment to a new PC based version of Trainz. T2 or TANE appears to be tied to the success or failure of the kickstarter project. If it fails, will there be a future version for PC users other than the Steam based World of Trainz which sounds like it uses the existing codebase?

William

Well.it sounds all "nice and sweet",BUT will it still have Multiplayer??
And are there Plans to make it more reliable,or atleast to make a dedicated Server??
Because for us German Multiplayer Players (with Build 50027) the Gameexperience is more or less "****",ie it lags like hell,Ghosttrains are everywere,and the Pingtimes to the Masterserver are at best between 500 and 10k ms,which is unacceptable.....

Anyway,enough of the rambling,i hope it dont fail,Good Luck.

Thomas

Back