Article: M/M, TWOR, E2, TANE, Kickstarter Nov 13

This is one of my ideas for future game updates.
How about a version that includes just being the signaler in control of the layout setting signals from a big control panel etc.
I know I like to drive on my layouts but sometimes i just want trains on auto to go as I want them to go via my own signalling way of control.
Just a idea but want to but that out there for others to maybe support it too.

Cheers
Dave

wait will this be like a trs 2014?

100% correct - the new engine will be the foundation of Trainz: A New Era and will eventually migrate into all future Trainz product lines.

You can find out some more detail here.

wait does this mean that trainz will have a TRS 14 with the realism of railworks? :udrool::mop:

This is definitely extremely iteresting news. I am definitely saving my money for this. For now, I am still using Trainz 2010.

I like what I am reading. Being a realist, I understand that N3V can not please everybody.
I will await the launch of Kickstart, and if there is enough to re-ignite my interest in Trainz, then I will play my part.
Thank-you Tony H and all the N3V team who have put up with years of whinging and whining from a small minority who believed that Trainz should only be built to suit their requirements and sod the rest of us.

Bob (CRO)

Might sound okay, BUT & WHATS

PLEASE NOTE ONLY N3V NEEDS TO REPLY, AS THEY ARE THE SELLERS/SUPPLIERS. Others may not have the correct informaiton

DOWNLOAD STATION/CONTENT MANAGERS
1. Am I correct, in that the Download Station/Content Manager will become pay only to be able to download, or to even view the DLS/CMs?
To N3V, just a YES or NO please.

2. I note that the so called "Future" states "Free to Play", but does that mean that you may need to pay to use whatever the equivalent to the Surveyor would be?

NOW THE "BUTS"
The problems are:
3. How many errors WILL their be, as we have seen?;
4. How many patches WILL have to be made to fix these errors?

BACKWARD COMPATIBLE:
5. We have seen what happens about that, including built-in content
6. What is a steam account?

PRICE OF SO CALLED "NEW ERA"
7. You state a "new era" of games is coming. Isn't that what this company says about all of their new games, be they simulators or not?. But look what happened about TS2010. It's is almost the same (if not the same) as TS2009, as the instructions for TS2010, etc refer to TS2009, not TS2010.

8. Whatever this steam account is, does that mean that you may need to pay for an account, paying for extra for downloads, along with paying for the actual game itself, or even paying to continue submitting to these forums?
And before people get the wrong idea, I'm not saying the product should be free.

Last edited:
Google "Welcome to steam" Red_Rattler and don't listen to the conspiracy theorists on here that it's bad and/or takes over your machine/world!

I've had an account for over 8 years now and never had anything nasty happen!!!!!!

Regards.
CaptEngland (same name on steam if you want to add me as a friend, anyone)

I am confused about exactly what is planned and hope some more detail emerges as time passes, but I am delighted to see that Trainz has a future. You know, that hasn't been clear for the past year or so, but now it is obvious that there has been a lot of brainstorming going on. If it all can be reduced to practice it sounds as if we have some great things to look forward to, and your competition has plenty to worry about.

Bernie

Certainly is interesting.
I am sure to not be the only one that has been around Trainz for a long long time. And have been disappointed in some of the releases and estatic over others.
So it will be interesting to see how it progresses and to see the final result

http://www.youtube.com/user/flusi737/videos
I was watching Flusi737's fine videos of the NEC the other day, but without animated turnouts, it made Trainz look lackluster.
Superelevation of curved tracks was totally lacking from the game.
Smoke and weather need to be improved in the game, or other rail simulators will surpass Trainz at ludicrous speed.
Tower operation, and CTC control boards also need to be implemented.

So I vote for A, B, C, and D ... as just chosing 2, out of 4, will only allow Trainz to fall backwards in 4th place behind other advancing rail simulators, that choose to improve on all fields that are lacking.

Last edited:
:eek::eek: OMG ! Just realized that STEAM is relative to a software distribution system ... and not to the boiling water locomotives we know all since years !!!!
Well, that's rather confusing ... especially in a trains simulation community :confused: .
This could have been explained .

Cheers,

Philippe

I will look into getting this one, but what about the annoying rain drops and snow flakes falling into the tunnel, will that problem ever be resolved, and I also am concerned about the locomotive especially steam side of this new version, will the specs need tweaking or the whole train physics in general, I really like the idea of all of the features mentioned, I have no problem on waiting until December 2014.

Last edited:
TARDIS 3.7 and TRAINZ Development Line

I have asked Andi06 for permission to use a modified version of AssetX in TARDIS 3.7 so that Trainzers can repair their assets prior to the first release of future PC based Trainz versions.

For a comprehensive overview of TARDIS 3.7 ( a collaborative Repair Management Tool for Trainz) read this series of blogs I posted in April 2013:

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/blog.php?49771-ianwoodmore/page2

I have continued testing TARDIS 3.7 against all assets posted to DLS since April 2013 while waiting for information on TANE to be released. Some minor glitches have been fixed. Other than that it is ready for release and compliant to TB 3.7 validation.

The Future is built on the Past. Let's sort out our Past NOW so we will get the maximum benefit and enjoyment from the Trainz Development Line.

That is not yet known, apart from what's known as TWOR which appears to be a Steam exclusive. T2 (Trainz: A New Era) may or may not be, and we may not know until the Kickstarter pages are active.

Shane

I'm already a Kickstarter member and will be watching for the announcement. I can't wait to donate a bit of my pensioner funds to the cause. :)

John

That is not yet known, apart from what's known as TWOR which appears to be a Steam exclusive. T2 (Trainz: A New Era) may or may not be, and we may not know until the Kickstarter pages are active.

Shane

I will pledge my support if and only if it has nothing to do with Steam, period!

I would suggest keeping an eye on the Kickstarter pages when they go live. Bear in mind that Steam may still be a method of distribution (it depends on what their income from Steam already is like), but I cannot see it being the only one if it is (apart from TWOR).

Shane

My question is: do I have to have a Steam account to buy future versions of the game?
thanks

Trainz: World of Rail will be a Steam exclusive (steampowered.com), it is powered by the current Trainz 12 engine.

Trainz: A New Era will be the first product with the new E2 engine and distribution will be through "normal channels" as we have done for the past 10 years. i.e. retail stores our own SimulatorCentral.com and other online stores (like Steam).

Back