I had a dream about Trainz...

I had a dream that a steam train went 201111111mph without derailing on any corners :p(From Reversing Steam Train on full power) :hehe:

That's already been done with a diesel, or close to it anyway, wouldn't be that hard to do with a steam engine by adjusting the config file.

As Nerd3(OfficalNerdCubed) said, "Your playing a crap simulator! Play a good one!"-From Railworks 2013 Let's Play.

Hi, I really, really love the look, feel and a "vibe" of Trainz, and love playing it. Only wish for those few things, like diesel consumption out of box. Love the open nature of Trainz and ability to code for Trainz - how awesome. :)

Regards, Mimes

...compatibility - The new versions convert prev version content without exclamation.

Here's the final piece of of our little game to uncover the future of Trainz. We're calling this the "I had a dream" phase where we hear about the product you would make if you had a magic wand (or a simple dream which is easier to operate than a wand).

All you need to do is to start with "I had a dream about Trainz... " then complete a paragraph describing the most wonderful experience you witnessed during your dream playing with your brand new [futuristic] version of Trainz.

Let your imagination run - you install the game, power it up ... what do you see? What happens next? Get the idea?

Have fun guys (and gals).

...compatibility - The new versions convert prev version content (even that old PS stuff) without exclamation, Yellow or Red.

...compatibility - The new versions convert prev version content (even that old PS stuff) without exclamation, Yellow or Red.

I can tell you straight away that that dream will not happen. N3V requires content to be not faulty in order to use it in-game, as it has been since TS2010 Multiplayer Beta and TS12. The exclamations are designed to tell users that there is something wrong with the content (in the case of the red ! at least) , although N3V has said that only the content's original creator should be able to see the yellow ! (although that only happens if the content is downloaded from the Download Station).

Shane

I had a dream about Trainz, where when the weather was changed to snow, snow would start piling up on the tracks, and you would need a snowplow to clear the heavy snow drifts.

Last edited:
I had a dream, where I could download all dependencies in one go.. without sitting through a million downloads or looking all over Google, Bing and Yahoo! to find the missing dependencies for one route.

I had a dream, where I could download all dependencies in one go.. without sitting through a million downloads or looking all over Google, Bing and Yahoo! to find the missing dependencies for one route.

I had that same idea! That would be a nice addition as well!

Yeah I love that idea, especially when the route + content adds up to about 4-5gb, which is content you probably mostly have. OTOH, the other, more simple idea would be is if all content was uploaded to the DLS but some people love being difficult.

I love how you have no problem telling others what they should do with their content Jamie. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside....................Not.

I wouldn't say it's people being difficult in some cases. As I've said in other threads regarding dependencies lately, there are four main reasons why some users do not upload to the Download Station:

1. The content is payware, and N3V do not have the facility to deal with non-DLC payware on the Download Station.
  2. The content does not meet N3V's licensing requirements - the main example here is Speedtrees, where the creator only has a license for their content to be used in freeware. N3V require that content uploaded to the Download Station can also be used in payware DLC or even new Trainz versions.
  3. The content creator does not want the asset to be used in payware products created by N3V.
  4. The creator wants to restrict who can use the content.

Shane

That dream will never come true, unless there is a millionaire trainzer that starts up an independent site that will allow pay wear modellers to sell there models form that site at no cost to the model maker, and getting everyone to up load all there stuff would be a miracle of biblical proportions.
Some will think it is some sort of conspiracy.

1. The content is payware, and N3V do not have the facility to deal with non-DLC payware on the Download Station.
  2. The content does not meet N3V's licensing requirements - the main example here is Speedtrees, where the creator only has a license for their content to be used in freeware. N3V require that content uploaded to the Download Station can also be used in payware DLC or even new Trainz versions.
  3. The content creator does not want the asset to be used in payware products created by N3V.
  4. The creator wants to restrict who can use the content.

Shane
Even if a new independent site were suddenly up and running, some of these issues would still exist plus it could fold just as quickly. Even if the site lasts, unless objects are persistent on the site, they can be here today, gone tomorrow at the whim of the up-loader. And then who gets to download, registered Trainzers, only those the site manager deems worthy, or anyone that asks?

Even if a new independent site were suddenly up and running, some of these issues would still exist plus it could fold just as quickly. Even if the site lasts, unless objects are persistent on the site, they can be here today, gone tomorrow at the whim of the up-loader. And then who gets to download, registered Trainzers, only those the site manager deems worthy, or anyone that asks?

Well done, you have proved my point.
It would be shot down in flames before it ever had a chance to get off the ground.

I had another dream about Trainz, where when a train crashed, it was a realistic like crash, and not just a floating X or !

Sounds more like a nightmare. I know this is a simulator but I don't think some things need to be simulated, like realistic crashes. Besides, we're all good drivers who don't crash their trains.

Tap......tap ........tap.......is this thing still on?

I have been dreaming for the last two years or so, my greed got the better of me and I downloaded more assets than I knew how to manage. Stepped back from the game in frustration after the hundredth time of remembering an awesome asset made by a European Trainzer , labelled in Polish or German and completely untraceable in my huge bucket of toys...

I dreamed of tags....a simple user indexed tag system for assets where items could be referenced and inventoried into a grouping of products that made sense to the individual user. For example,<kuid:53695:39012> Aanlegsteiger by pascalvds would be so much easier to find if I could attach descriptors like #small #wooden #maritime structure ....as a search filter.I'm sure that with so many nationalities creating assets, it must be very frustrating for the non-English speaking community to find everything in Surveyor grouped only by alphabetical order in a language that makes no sense to them!

I dream about multiplayer in the surveyor mode. We may to have routes which can be redacted by many users for perfection (as wikipedia).

Back