I had a dream about Trainz...

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
Here's the final piece of of our little game to uncover the future of Trainz. We're calling this the "I had a dream" phase where we hear about the product you would make if you had a magic wand (or a simple dream which is easier to operate than a wand).

All you need to do is to start with "I had a dream about Trainz... " then complete a paragraph describing the most wonderful experience you witnessed during your dream playing with your brand new [futuristic] version of Trainz.

Let your imagination run - you install the game, power it up ... what do you see? What happens next? Get the idea?

Have fun guys (and gals).

I had a dream that you could play multiplayer on any route with any content with your friends. The End.

I had a dream that you could play multiplayer on any route with any content with your friends. The End.

Hi Hert - I knew this was going to be risky but it has got the ball rolling so well done!

I had a dream that when I started up trainz I found a whole new set of controls in surveyor. Making perfect hills is now so easy that I dont use an external program any more to do this. I just load in a contour map - outline the contours and WOW!! perfect hills and valleys. Now I can really enjoy the side of creation that I felt really bad at :) And the dream continues....

I had a dream I actually enjoyed playing it instead of wanting to pull my hair out all the time. Sorry couldn't help it.
blushed.gif

Last edited:
I had a dream: About Trainz without DRM.

But N3V had to fark that one simple and modest thing up, so I don't care about anything else going forward...

Last edited:

I had a dream about Trainz, i played with some friends (multiplayer) all over the world, independent what localized version or platform(OS) they use...

May I have more than one dream?​

I had a dream that you could drive through a set of points without bouncing over the railhead and all this was under the control of a decent AI signaller monitoring your adherence to an easily compiled timetable. All the time my train consumed fuel in a prototype manner and had correct performance physics including modern braking systems. Oh and there were no yellow padlocks or funny green/red arrows on top of the points either!

I had a dream that there was a realistic timetabling system built-in that you could set up just by running the session for a while, and that some tunnels/track didn't just disappear with trains inside/on it (as currently happens in TS12 SP1).

Shane

There's steam hissing from my speakers and the smell of coal smoke wafting about the room.
My cheeks are glowing in the warmth of the now faintly cherry red, but closed fire door visible in the centre monitor.
Distantly (from behind) comes a piercing whistle followed by a gruff "All Aboard!"
I reach for the whistle cord with my left hand and give it a quick tug; then again, but slightly longer this time, whilst with my right I'm shutting down the cylinder cocks, increasing the cut-off and opening up the regulator in swift succession.
There's a slight lurch and the sound of brief wheel-slip before a deep, resonant blast from the front speakers announces that the contest has begun between the mighty tractive effort of my 4-8-4 behemoth and the long, heavy trailing express passenger consist.
It's up to me to get them over this challenging mountainous section of the Main Trunk Line, on time and without mishap. And as the sound of my whistle still echoes from the darkened hillsides, I peer through the night and the steady drizzle that envelopes the headlight beam ahead and my cosy cab in a swirling mist...
==
It's like being there - fully immersed and breathing it all in, in a scenario that I've created myself using the stunningly realistic simulator provided to us by the brilliantly creative Trainz Railway Simulator Team.
I grin as I recall how frighteningly realistic my TS12 version used to be once I patched it up fully and fixed all the niggling little problems that threatened to break the spell - but NOTHING compares to this new version!
Fully compelling and so utterly immersive, you break out in a sweat when you think you may have approached that red signal ahead too fast and too close to be able to stop and then the flood of utter relief as it turns to green just as you reach it. (You got away with that one without a violation... )
Am I still dreaming? Actually, it's only a matter of time.
We will get there. Sooner, rather than later.
Think Oculus Rift and where the next generation of Virtual Reality tech and Gaming PCs, GPUs and CPUs will take us. Affordably.
But the really imaginative stuff will come from the software programmers and virtual model makers and the legions of passionate Trainz Simulator fans who apply their considerable skills to an art-form that is their preferred recreational activity - creatiing credible worlds that are compelling and completely immersive.
PC

I had a dream that N3V had a Sooper Dooper Spectacular Autumn (their Spring) 75% off Sale ... And I bought TS12, and SP1 worked fabulously !

I once ha a dream that I was eating a gigantic 25 lb marshmallow ... and when I woke up, my pillow was missing.

I had a dream that I had Trainz in here, and I rarely came out again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YK5_y1LzHk

I had a dream that Trainz had "voice control" commands, and I was walking around town playing it on a Dick Tracey 2 Wrist Way Radio Ipad with headphones, and everyone was looking at me like I was a looney, as all they heard me saying was: "L_S_B_F_Q_V_WWWWWWWWW_XXXXXXXX_S_E_AAAAAAAA_CtrlD_H_AltJ ..." !

I had a dream that Trainz finally put a Bell switch in the Cab

I had a dream that in Surveyor you could toggle "OFF", the "Confounded Blinding Yellow Compass".

I had a dream that Trainz had awsomely real sound effects, and realistic 40' railjoint, and junction, sound effects.

I had a dream that Trainz actually had animated drivers, to sit in those empty engineer & conductor seats, (that only prove to get in the way and block your view in freeintcam) but when I woke up I found that vandals had stollen all my seats: http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc339/cascaderailroad/Screen_004-25_zps1a100a11.jpg

I had a dream that there was an animated conductor, that could walk out the cab door, climb down, and couple railcars, and walk over to a switchstand, and throw the junction ... and those obtrusively silly red/green arrows were replaced by working animated points.

Last edited:
I had a dream that bi-directional single-line signalling was accepted, that the AI were driven by real people (yep, Multiplayer!) and that I had TrainzDEM :hehe:

I know this is a dream. I'm laughing as I type this. Fully functional dispatcher that you can talk to(and I'm not talking multi player). YEAH RIGHT NEVER HAPPEN!!!!

I had a dream that every sensible idea that was ever placed in the Suggestion Boxcar had been incorporated in a new version.

Then I woke up and found that it was even better.:Y:

Am I still dreaming?:eek:

Back