To the person who built those great 40ft Billboard style boxcars & reefers

deisan

For example the Seaboard Orange Blossom Special and the one named the Robert E. Lee. The lovely orange reefers of the Santa Fe with "The Super Chief" and the Grand Canyon just to mention a few. These 40 ft cars are collectors items today for HO model railroaders. When we saw them on Trainz DS we were thrilled and downloaded a number of them. Something happened while I was laid up and only the cars that came with the game disk can be found. Shane mentioned I needed the Kuid for these to try and locate them. I'm afraid I only have lists of the railroad name etc. and the type and number of the car. I could list them if it helps but perhaps someone knows who made these available on the DS and how I can obtain them again. Deisan

Try searching on Author majekear (or #56063) + Name "40ftBoxcar".

Thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately if the items are no longer on the DS you get no info back. My son does tell me that he remembers the name Majekear when he was downloading some of the cars. So I think your response is correct. How do I find out if they can be downloaded again? Is there a way to list what this author created if no longer listed in the DS? Deisan

I think you may have a problem with your installation. They show up for me in CM and download without any problems:

40ftBoxcar ATSF California #,<kuid2:56063:101136:2>
40ftBoxcar ATSF El Capitan #,<kuid2:56063:101134:2>
40ftBoxcar ATSF Grand Canyon #,<kuid2:56063:101137:2>
40ftBoxcar ATSF Super Chief #,<kuid2:56063:101135:2>
40ftBoxcar ATSF #,<kuid2:56063:101138:2>
40ftBoxcar ATSF #,<kuid2:56063:101129:2>
40ftBoxcar Seaboard Orange Blossom #,<kuid2:56063:101148:2>
40ftBoxcar Seaboard Robert E Lee #,<kuid2:56063:101147:2>

I also tried a couple of kuid searches on the black pages and they showed up there as well. You might give that a try.

They are still there. Just checked.
Try to do it like this:
5ca23c2ca4dd3f9902d7c01720790fce.jpg

Maybe that helps.
:)

I think you solved more than one problem for me over the past nine months. In thinking about Installations I realized I have reinstalled the game three times already. Something else had to be wrong. I hooked my hard drive up to an old DOS computer that I still have and low and behold there were two versions of Trainz out there. One under Windows programs and another under N3V with all the same subfolders. I'm in the process of combining the folders as the last date used varies between the two sets. The two sets were installed on two dates in Dec of 2012 right after I got the game for Christmas. Deisan

Followup to 40ft cars

We tried until after midnight last night to fix the problem by trying to merge the two sets of folders but that failed. We tried to uninstall one of the sets but it wiped out both sets. I did get out to CM on my old computer and found most of the items we were looking for. Today we will start all over again to reinstall the program and hope its for the last time. The Sony that I'm sending this from was too slow and did not have enough memory. That was the first time we started again.
I again want to thank you for pointing me in the right direction both with the rolling stock and the duplicate files. When you get a chance do you know who built the 40 ft reefers. I only have two fruit reefers in my yard. I have a web page for my Southern Model H.O. layout if you ever wish to see what was done with my son Kevin. www.eisanfamily.com/smr.htm Deisan

deisan, please tell your son that it is so nice to be remembered. It's great that the two of you get to play Trainz together. And I am glad I was able to make a small contribution toward that. And thanks to everyone who has assisted deisan with his request for help. Thanks to all.

Back