YOU DON'T HAVE PERMISSION ..............

BLACKWATCH

Mechanical Engineer
Can somebody please tell me how to stop this half baked attempt at a forum, from logging me out every two bloody minutes ?
Every time I try to type a decent soddin' answer to someones problems, it tells me I ain't got permission, and I have to log back in again.
This forum has the attention span of a half wit with aspergers, for ... sake someone sort it out. :eek:

EDIT ........... we ain't all touch typists.

Last edited:
Hi Kevin,

You have the checkbox remember login checked?

If you do then there's something weird happening. I had an odd incident a few minutes ago too. I notified the admins regarding my issue.

Happy autumn.

John

Open a second session of the Forum in another tab in your browser

Click on the Forum tab.

Scroll to the bottom of the page to this bit and click where I’ve indicated:

5a8i.jpg

If you keep that second tab open, on that page, whilst using the first one for your Forum activity it shouldn’t log you out.

Hi John, yes I've tried the "Remember me" box, it didn't work, will try it again just to be certain.

Thanks for the suggestion Mezzo, not heard of that one before, so if the "Remember me" box still
doesn't work, will give that a try.

It's just so frustrating, not often I can help, but when I can, it takes time to type a reply & this
forum behavior doesn't encourage me.

Not getting any younger Kev.

Hi John, yes I've tried the "Remember me" box, it didn't work, will try it again just to be certain.

Thanks for the suggestion Mezzo, not heard of that one before, so if the "Remember me" box still
doesn't work, will give that a try.

It's just so frustrating, not often I can help, but when I can, it takes time to type a reply & this
forum behavior doesn't encourage me.

Not getting any younger Kev.

I understand, Kevin.

System stuff is awful sometimes and getting worse, I think.

Not getting younger either and it seems we can't keep up.

John

The remember me box not working usually means you need to delete the cookies related to the site involved. I've been logged into the forum all day on this PC while actually working in Trainz on another one.

The remember me box not working usually means you need to delete the cookies related to the site involved. I've been logged into the forum all day on this PC while actually working in Trainz on another one.

Malc, I've got my browser set as follows ........

Is that what you mean ?
I've had it set like that for as long as I remember, but this forum has always logged me out if I take too long doing something.

I have keep until set to ask every time, otherwise it's the same, it's only third party cookies that appear to get deleted on closing in firefox with those settings by the way. I usually run Ccleaner weekly which deletes all cookies apart from those I have excluded.

The only other options are :-

1. Until they expire
2. Ask me every time

presume that option 1 is not desirable, so would you advise the 2nd option ?

Cross posted Malc, will try your suggestion

Back