SP GS-4 'Daylight' Help

lego207

kick snare kick snare
Hello. So, to get to the point fast, I have a strange bug with the SP Daylight locomotive. For some reason, the locomotive emits a massive shadow due to some pistons and 2 wheels floating in the air.

I'm using TSMac; also used the 'Content Manager' button to download. I have the Locomotive, Tender, and Bogey installed. This is the only locomotive or download, for that matter that does this (downloaded lots of UP stuff, haha). If someone could help me fix the problem or point me in the right direction that'd be fantastic!

Thanks

There is a better one available here http://jointedrail.com/index.php/freeware/steam-transition-era/steam-engines/sp-gs4.html
Please note that you have to create an account to download.

Interesting, If it is the ones from the Jointed Rail's website, then you shouldn't be having this issue. Double check to make sure that no dependencies are missing. then after that, open the item in Content creator plus and then there should be an error at the bottom of some form that will tell you what is wrong with the locomotive. If it is from some other 3rd party creator then double check using the same method.

PS: If you don't like the whistle for that, I have a better one.. found that one out after I downloaded it. Just ( PM ) Thanks!

The GS-4 the Original poster is talking about is on the DLS It was made by Mr Den. The floating wheel has been there since it was new. There is not a way to remove the wheel itself.The shadow may be removable.
Kenny

The shadow may be removable.
Yeah, it's just the shadow that is bugging me. I can live with the floating items, but that shadow is just so weird and annoying. I'm terribly bad at editing anything, only thing I can is removing Minecraft texture pack files... So, if anyone has an idea to remove that shadow (with an easy tutorial) that'd be fantastic.

And now my question is what do I do after downloading the files from there..? I've got 2 files: lilb_s_sound_effects_library_v1.13.cdp AND scriptnsound(1).cdp
Probably only needed one but I've never used Jointed Rail before.. nor Trainz before this year, hah. So, yeah, what do I do next?

You need to download the actual loco, too. As I mentioned earlier it is better that the DLS one, and doesn't have the floating wheel. Once you have the loco file, drag all three files into content manager. it SHOULD install without any problems, but if it has problems post a screenshot and I will help you.

Ah, yes, right.. the actual GS4 download - missed that, hah. Anyways, it worked like a charm! Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
Back