Union Pacific #119 Help

I'm wanting to use bdaneal's UP 119, but the last time I tried downloading it CM said it was faulty/had faulty dependencies. Any help?

I'm wanting to use bdaneal's UP 119, but the last time I tried downloading it CM said it was faulty/had faulty dependencies. Any help?

I dont even see a UP 119 for bdaneal in CM. He just updated his website on 9/28, so hes back in action at steammachine.com

I dont even see a UP 119 for bdaneal in CM. He just updated his website on 9/28, so hes back in action at steammachine.com

Open content manager and find the #119 and left click it and ( view dependencies) after doing so scroll though the list and then there will the either a red explanation point or a puzzle piece with a black question mark in it. that will be the dependency that is faulty. search for that specific asset in CM and edit it in content creator plus. Once that opens it will tell you in a box on the bottom exactly what is wrong with it for you to correct. If it is nothing you think you can handle report what it is and I might be able to walk you through how to repair it.

Originally Posted by deneban
"I dont even see a UP 119 for bdaneal in CM. He just updated his website on 9/28, so hes back in action at steammachine.com"

Open content manager and find the #119 and left click it and ( view dependencies) after doing so scroll though the list and then there will the either a red explanation point or a puzzle piece with a black question mark in it. that will be the dependency that is faulty. search for that specific asset in CM and edit it in content creator plus. Once that opens it will tell you in a box on the bottom exactly what is wrong with it for you to correct. If it is nothing you think you can handle report what it is and I might be able to walk you through how to repair it.

I don't want to repair it, BigBoy does.
Did you find it? What kuid is it? bdaneal doesn't upload all his work to DLS

Last edited:
I don't want to repair it, BigBoy does.

Please, call me Phil, or Philip. Whichever suits you.

Did you find it? What kuid is it? bdaneal doesn't upload all his work to DLS

Yes, I have! The faulty dependency is named "inyo b2", <kuid:96914:50222>. When I click "View Errors & Warnings", CM says, "Texture 'engine_black.texture' is missing or could not be loaded for mesh 'ury21_b2.im'."

Forgot to mention, all the other dependencies for UP #199 and CP Jupiter (comes with UP #199) are A-OK.

Run the asset through PEVs PM2IM. This should fix the black texture problem.

If this doesn't work, copy the black texture from an asset that is working an has it.

Both fixes should take less than 2 minutes each.

John

Wow! The update on Bdaneal's site is the big news about this thread. I've been checking it every few months; not often enough. Thanks for finding and sharing it, all of you.

Bernie

I have done the same fix to each and every one of his trains. I have learned this from many kind trainzers and from experience. It may take anywhere from five to fifteen minutes, and it will become much easier with practice. This is general for all asset fixing. Here is how:

Download PM to IM, Quickshadows, and Trainz Mesh Viewer from http://trainz.shaneturner.co.uk/tut...d-party-trainz-utilities/pevsoft-trainz-tools

To fix a missing shadow.im or .pm error:

In content manager, right click on the item and select edit> in explorer

Right now would be a great time to copy everthing here into the folder you are about to create just in case you mess up a lot.

Find the .PM or .IM file in the body folder

Copy this to a different folder, like on your desktop or in "MY Documents". It does not matter, this is just a place to keep the files that you are editing that wont mess up trainz.

If it is a .PM file, run .PM to .IM and create an .im

Open Quickshadows and create a full shadow for a locomotive (use a simple shadow for rolling stock)

NOTE: one of these programs (Quickshadows, I think) will require you to run with administrator privileges (right click on icon used to run it>run as administrator)

Copy this into the body folder of the asset.

In the config.txt file, type the following under mesh table or add it yourself at the bottom:
mesh-table
{
{
mesh "assetname_body/assetname_body.im"
auto-create 1
}

shadow
{
mesh "assetname_shadow/assetname_shadow.im"
}
}

NOTE: .im could be .pm and "assetname" would be the asset's name (of course)

To fix a missing shadow.texture error (your problem I beleive):

add the following picture to the body folder:

16 x 16 black square

create a text file (.txt, with notepad) containing:

Primary=shadow.bmp
Tile=st

make sure that the picture actually is shadow.bmp
NOTE: This fix also works for other missing texture files. You somewhere along the line find an odd-colored handle in the cab or something, but at least it will work!

.pm warnings usually do not matter

Commit the asset (right click on it in content manager>commit)

If the dependencies also have problems, you will need to do the same to them (right click on the asset>view dependencies to see them)

It should work.

Sometimes the error will be something else, which may involve adding more code (not fun)

Using other assets that work fine as examples works well.

Have fun with that!
(Honestly, it is not too terribly hard, do not be intimidated)

If something is unclear, let it be known. If this doesn't work, also let it be known. And if it doesn't work, let the errors (right click on asset in Content manager, "view errors and warnings") let it be known so that help can be given.

Sorry for the horrible grammar, I was in a hurry!

Last edited:
I have done the same fix to each and every one of his trains. I have learned this from many kind trainzers and from experience. It may take anywhere from five to fifteen minutes, and it will become much easier with practice. This is general for all asset fixing. Here is how:

Download PM to IM, Quickshadows, and Trainz Mesh Viewer from http://trainz.shaneturner.co.uk/tut...d-party-trainz-utilities/pevsoft-trainz-tools

To fix a missing shadow.im or .pm error:

In content manager, right click on the item and select edit> in explorer

Right now would be a great time to copy everthing here into the folder you are about to create just in case you mess up a lot.

Find the .PM or .IM file in the body folder

Copy this to a different folder, like on your desktop or in "MY Documents". It does not matter, this is just a place to keep the files that you are editing that wont mess up trainz.

If it is a .PM file, run .PM to .IM and create an .im

Open Quickshadows and create a full shadow for a locomotive (use a simple shadow for rolling stock)

NOTE: one of these programs (Quickshadows, I think) will require you to run with administrator privileges (right click on icon used to run it>run as administrator)

Copy this into the body folder of the asset.

In the config.txt file, type the following under mesh table or add it yourself at the bottom:

NOTE: .im could be .pm and "assetname" would be the asset's name (of course)

To fix a missing shadow.texture error (your problem I beleive):

add the following picture to the body folder:

shadow.bmp

(right click on the picture above>save image as> "shadow.bmp" to your folder in my documents or desktop)

create a text file (.txt, with notepad) containing:

make sure that the picture actually is shadow.bmp

.pm warnings usually do not matter

Commit the asset (right click on it in content manager>commit)

If the dependencies also have problems, you will need to do the same to them (right click on the asset>view dependencies to see them)

It should work.

Sometimes the error will be something else, which may involve adding more code (not fun)

Using other assets that work fine as examples works well.

Have fun with that!
(Honestly, it is not too terribly hard, do not be intimidated)

If something is unclear, let it be known. If this doesn't work, also let it be known. And if it doesn't work, let the errors (right click on asset in Content manager, "view errors and warnings") let it be known so that help can be given.

Sorry for the horrible grammar, I was in a hurry!

Bad grammar, no prob! And thanks for the explaination! I do believe I understood your solution for the missing shadow.texture. I appreciate your help very much!

Funny, the picture isn't showing up now.

EDIT: I created a google doc for it. It should work now.

Last edited:
The google doc is not working right either. The image is just a 16 by 16 pixel black square. Make it in Microsoft paint (included with windows vista and up), Gimp, Photoshop, or just make a black square in word or something and resize it with an online resizer.

If the .PM errors are red colored, and not yellow warnings, change them to .IM with PM to IM and change the config.txt mesh table accordingly. I have TS2010 and it is not a problem in that.

Last edited:
The google doc is not working right either. The image is just a 16 by 16 pixel black square. Make it in Microsoft paint (included with windows vista and up), Gimp, Photoshop, or just make a black square in word or something and resize it with an online resizer.

What size does it need to be?

Back