Tumbler Ridge Project

Another asset. I'm pondering if I should make the assets seasonal.

389ef073e43a552673cc68eaa9ff8e55.jpg

Really like what your'e doing! And your'e doing it very well, keep it up! :) And as the other persons said, season-changing is really cool! Would be fun to see this route even in the winter, becouse is'nt this is a "winterplace", with much snow and long winters, like we got here in Sweden?

//Jocke, and sorry for my really bad english...

Really like what your'e doing! And your'e doing it very well, keep it up! :) And as the other persons said, season-changing is really cool! Would be fun to see this route even in the winter, becouse is'nt this is a "winterplace", with much snow and long winters, like we got here in Sweden?

//Jocke, and sorry for my really bad english...

Oh yes, the line was made with the knowing of the long cold winters, and as such, preparations were made with certain equipment like epic snow blowers.
(not my pic)
795cb06a9a7dee4cbbf3cf7773a32128.jpg

On another note, here's some more stuff being done for the route.

3 track siding catenary set-up.

55f8ffa8437fafc890eee2c6ec77f647.jpg

Quintette car loader. (only first building of entire Quintette facility)

ab52f6e49f55a277361abf224589abef.jpg

Ok, noob question here, what is DEM?

It stands for "Digital Elevetion Model" and its the elevation of the ground of a certain area captured by satellite (or rarely a plane) and converted to data, so it can be used in programs that need terrain generation. For example, Trainz, uses DEM to shape the ground to mach the real area depected in the route someone is making.

I hope that helps a little!:wave:

It stands for "Digital Elevetion Model" and its the elevation of the ground of a certain area captured by satellite (or rarely a plane) and converted to data, so it can be used in programs that need terrain generation. For example, Trainz, uses DEM to shape the ground to mach the real area depected in the route someone is making.

I hope that helps a little!:wave:
Thank You!

Just a little update, this project is very much not dead and is simply on hold for the time being. The person making the DEM for me Peter (Gawpo50) has been busy working on his magnificent route so I wont be able to have route progress until around March or April. Which is sort of a good thing since I'll have a better idea of how routes will work/look in Trainz a new era.

I did recently buy a BC rail book that is very detailed and includes some interesting stuff on the Tumbler ridge line. That book being the BCR by J.F. Garden if anybody is interested.

I have been working on some scenery items, but without the DEM to use as a reference, it's a bit difficult to build the entirety of the Quintette Facility without some sort of knowing of the terrain. Same thing goes for the multiple custom bridges and tunnels that are to be made.

Anyways, here's a slight update to the BCNE coal gons. The background is an older route with catenary thrown on it.

9e9277bb61ac889269dde32454915968.jpg

4a06080536e1e82becc5c86ca93a9b1b.jpg

9ba76adb38940040494036e647707549.jpg

Did they only use electrics on this line or did BC rail use diesels as well? What became of this line after BC rail was leased by CN?

Did they only use electrics on this line or did BC rail use diesels as well? What became of this line after BC rail was leased by CN?

The book by J.F. Garden basically says that when the line opened in 1983, the electrics basically stayed at Tumbler Ridge and awaited strings of empties to be delivered by 3 SD40-2's in the lead and 3 in the rear. The electrics would then take the empties, load them at the loadouts, and return them to the waiting SD40-2's in Tumbler Ridge. Eventually the GF6C's took complete control of bringing the empties and returning loaded consists to Tacheeda. This is most likely so that they could ship the first loads of coal to Japan before the deadline.

I think CN runs some trains through the route but not nearly as much as BC Rail did previously (not with electrics). There is talk that the Quintette/Teck mine will be re-opening some day, and that catenary is still there, so who knows what might happen.

Last edited:
Wow, those coal gons look Great !!
I await the completion of the route with anticipation !

Dave

FYI......I just ran across this pic....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pummer/11878551564/

Last edited:
Wow, those coal gons look Great !!
I await the completion of the route with anticipation !

Dave

FYI......I just ran across this pic....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pummer/11878551564/

That is a very nice photo, but it just isn't the same without those electrics running the line. I read that CN runs around 1 train per day on the line and that traffic may even be getting up to 2 trains per day. In that case I may just visit the line to see it for myself sometime soon.

update time (these will get more frequent once I have some terrain to work with)

Updated speeder shed, and new gas tank scenery objects. All objects for this route are built to work in TS12 SP1 with specular maps, bump maps, and maps to control environment reflection.

94a3cb20a3027df10886f6e2c35c4275.jpg

I will have a bit of a surprise next time which might fall under the category of cabeese, coal gondolas, major GF6C update, terrain, houses, and other things I've been working on in my spare time ;)

Back