<kuid:556873:101599>
<kuid:556873:101600>
<kuid:556873:101602>
<kuid:556873:101601>
<kuid:178126:101125>
<kuid:440847:23084>
<kuid:584038:110071>
<kuid:584038:100181>

Also, GF6C lights and enginesound are non-functional.

Please see my post two posts above yours.

Following this thread, the screenshots show this route be something really exceptional. Matt, thank you so much for sharing it, but, and it seems there always is a but, I am having a problem. I hope someone can tell me what I am doing wrong. I have tried installing the route with all dependencies in versions of TANE and TRS19 and no matter which version I use all I get is the DEM base boards with some track, roads and watercourses. There are no visible scenery objects or textures. My list of missing assets is very short and similar to those previously posted. All others are showing in the list of dependencies. Why can't I see anything??

Thanks in advance for any help.

Paul :)

Thanks for sharing ATSF854. same as above missing:
<kuid:556873:101598>
<kuid:440847:23134>
<kuid:556873:101601>
<kuid:584038:100181>
<kuid:556873:101597>
<kuid:556873:101599>
<kuid:584038:110071>
<kuid:556873:101602>
<kuid:556873:101596>
<kuid:440847:23084>
<kuid:556873:101600>
<kuid:178126:101125>

Last edited:
hi all. there are likely missing payware assets that i cannot upload. please don't spam jointed rail support. the content is provided as is, and is not hosted on JR.

webDEMtextures has been uploaded to the google drive which takes care of a handful of the missing assets. the others were left in at some point and don't contribute to the route.

Last edited:
Following this thread, the screenshots show this route be something really exceptional. Matt, thank you so much for sharing it, but, and it seems there always is a but, I am having a problem. I hope someone can tell me what I am doing wrong. I have tried installing the route with all dependencies in versions of TANE and TRS19 and no matter which version I use all I get is the DEM base boards with some track, roads and watercourses. There are no visible scenery objects or textures. My list of missing assets is very short and similar to those previously posted. All others are showing in the list of dependencies. Why can't I see anything??

Thanks in advance for any help.

Paul :)

Same here. Is there something I'm supposed to do or check to be able to see the route in all it's glory as per the screenshots?
Edit: In case it's relevant, I'm using TRS22+

Thank you also for the assets, track, textures and loco included in the files. They all look fantastic.

Thanks for any suggestions or info.

Cheers,
Piere.

Last edited:
Just bumping this thread to see if anyone has any info or suggestions about whether there is a way to see the detailed version of the route? Thanks.

Cheers,
Piere.

Yes, confusing. The only things from the link are the base map, track, roads and the GF6C? No trees, no scenery, nothing else? Or is there a different link somewhere?

Last edited:
Sorry to burst your bubble guys but there isn't a version that's fully complete. This is simply what i had done at the time, before life got in the way of things.
Initially I did have a version with around 30 miles of scenery, most of it on the west end. While it did look pretty nice, it was not efficiently done, it used a very narrow tile range from the DEM software, and the grading was done before I had access to real track data for the subdivision.

the DEM that is provided was the second attempt, and has fully accurate grading and trackage for the Tumbler Subdivision and parts of the mainline as well, but there isnt any vegetation or major ground texture work to be found. just a lot of terrain work, including rivers and creeks in some areas.

One of the absolute biggest problems I faced with this project was funny enough, the massive tunnels. Just as the long tunnels had been a major pain for BC rail crews in the real world during and after construction, the trainz version was a whole lot of the same. I haven't tried this yet, but the newer surveyor 2.0 tools might help. Previously it was insanely difficult to properly grade the tunnels or place splines on them, as spline points would stop rendering so far above where they originate underground. For some perspective, the Table tunnel 9 km (6 mi) and the 6 km (4 mi) Wolverine Tunnel go directly under separate mountain chains, and trainz could not handle this.

Good luck to anybody that works on it. I reported this as something that should be adjusted probably like 5 years ago, to n3v. they said they would be looking into it..

Ahh, ok. No worries. Thanks very much again for kindly sharing the material you have. They are some great and useful assets.

Cheers,
Piere.

A link to additional info on Tumbler Ridge Line

I think you might like this link which has several articles and Wikipedia on Tumbler Ridge and huge Open Pit mine Project for Steel making Ores, which is stalled at the moment. :(

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=Tumbler+Ridge+Project

I have his Route on my 17" ROG Laptop, although unfinished as the Author has stated, it very cool Route. Whether I ever get a chance to try and finish some of it, who knows, it is very large and there is much to be done as you see. :sleep:

Time will only tell, as Life and other issues effect what I would do regarding ever trying to finish a monumental task like this. As well, it is several levels above my Pay Grade, :hehe: I am not a Route Builder, I just have fun changing others completed Routes to my needs......;)

Enjoy your weekend. :wave:

One of the absolute biggest problems I faced with this project was funny enough, the massive tunnels. Just as the long tunnels had been a major pain for BC rail crews in the real world during and after construction, the trainz version was a whole lot of the same. I haven't tried this yet, but the newer surveyor 2.0 tools might help. Previously it was insanely difficult to properly grade the tunnels or place splines on them, as spline points would stop rendering so far above where they originate underground. For some perspective, the Table tunnel 9 km (6 mi) and the 6 km (4 mi) Wolverine Tunnel go directly under separate mountain chains, and trainz could not handle this.

Good luck to anybody that works on it. I reported this as something that should be adjusted probably like 5 years ago, to n3v. they said they would be looking into it..

I know this is bit late, but I saw the Recent Thread Notes, and in reading older Posts, I saw this portion of your Response to Tunnel issues regarding extreme depth due to Mtn Range Heights. I have this and other issues with same thing, especially when trying remove buried assets below Grid Lines.

I don't know the answer either, I think it has to due with Graphic Calculations and the GPU and or your CPU can't make the math connection on X/Y axis where the object link is located. :eek:

My hope is this might someday be addressed, I for sure love tall mountains, deep Canyons etc, but unfortunately we seem mathematically and Graphically controlled limited in this situation.;)

Guess we'll have to rely on hope springs eternal on this one. I share your frustrations.:(

Back