NKP ALCO PA 190 is operational!

gg14835

Fire Up Cliffside 110!
From the American-Rails.com Facebook page.

"It's official, there is now an operable Alco PA in the States once more; Mr. Doyle McCormack has finally brought Nickel Plate Road #190 (originally Santa Fe 62L) back to life after an 11-year restoration. When acquired from Mexico in 2002 this locomotive was literally nothing more than an empty, rusted-out shell requiring a total rebuild of virtually every component."

She's Alive!

df26d894463c27ad5f02db0092175936.jpg

I always liked the PA1 and PAB in Trainz, (has a red gyralite) and I especially like the D&H classy paint scheme.

If this is ever made as a DLC asset, will it be misspeeled': Nickle ? :hehe:

Last edited:
NICE! NKP, D&H, and probably SP bloody nose would have to be my favorite PA paint schemes. Looks like Doyle McCormack has done it again!

On a side note, I wonder what happened to the other 4 PAs in Mexico? I know one's at a museum south of the border, but not sure where the others when gallivanting off too. My MKT had a rather snazzy paint job on their PAs, as I recall....

I think it's time to start buying lottery tickets...

NICE! NKP, D&H, and probably SP bloody nose would have to be my favorite PA paint schemes. Looks like Doyle McCormack has done it again!

On a side note, I wonder what happened to the other 4 PAs in Mexico? I know one's at a museum south of the border, but not sure where the others when gallivanting off too. My MKT had a rather snazzy paint job on their PAs, as I recall....

I think it's time to start buying lottery tickets...

I wonder the same too. They I think were once on the D&H and actually came from the Santa Fe.

These too are some of my favorite locomotives and always looked classy.

John

For the four existing PAs, numbers 19 (Old D&H numbers) and 17 (Santa Fe 60L and 66L respectively) are in the National Railroad Museum in Mexico (with 19 still being operational), number 16 (Santa Fe 59L) is at the Museum of the American Railroad in Frisco, TX and number 18 (Santa Fe 62L) is seen in the first post. There is also on other unrelated PA-2 preserved in Brazil.

Last edited:
From the American-Rails.com Facebook page.

"It's official, there is now an operable Alco PA in the States once more; Mr. Doyle McCormack has finally brought Nickel Plate Road #190 (originally Santa Fe 62L) back to life after an 11-year restoration. When acquired from Mexico in 2002 this locomotive was literally nothing more than an empty, rusted-out shell requiring a total rebuild of virtually every component."

She's Alive!

df26d894463c27ad5f02db0092175936.jpg

Not alive enough, she had to be towed to Spencer:

Back