Medway and Berrima branch lines

pware

Trainz Veteran
I have just uploaded to the DLS three new layouts that are designed to be merged with pgibbons Picton 2 Goulburn layout. The merging instructions are in the descriptions of each layout file.

They are:-

1. NSWGR Medway Quarry Branch. Medway Junction to Medway (Sth Marulan) Quarry. This 7.5km branch line is still in operation and produces limestone for the Berrima Cement works.
2. NSWGR Berrima Branch 1960s. Berrima Junction to the Berrima Cement Works (Blue Circle Cement Company) and then onto the Berrima Colliery. This is the original 12km branch line as it existed upto the mid 1970s. The colliery produced coal for the kilns at the cement works. The Cement works also consumed limestone from the Medway Quarry to produce cement.
3. NSWGR Berrima Branch 2000s. Berrima Junction to the Berrima Cement Works (now the Boral Cement Company). The line terminates at the cement works but now includes the new Berrima Inghams Stockfeed facility.

While all 3 layouts can be merged with Picton 2 Goulburn (but not both 2 and 3 at the same time), adding layouts 1 and 3 will give you the ability to run limestone trains between the Medway Quarry and Berrima in the modern era.

Some screenshots:

(Berrima Branch 1960s) A coal train leaves the cement works behind while running back to Berrima Colliery to pick up more coal for the kilns.

BerrimaC03_zpsc6b344f8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

(Berrima Branch 1960s) The same train crosses the Hume Highway (the main Sydney - Melbourne highway before the expressway was built).

BerrimaC01_zps886f2389.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

(Medway Quarry Branch) A limestone train with 4909 and 4910 in charge loads at the Medway Quarry.

MedwayQ01_zps5fda5188.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

(Berrima Branch 2000s) - a more recent limestone train makes it way along the branch line to the cement works while a grain train unloads at the Ingham stockfeed facility in the background.

BerrimaC04_zpsa5d9a630.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hi Pware
Are these layouts for TS12 SP1, as I have downloaded them, but they show in red in the contents area,with many missing unknown Kuids.

Robert2004

Robert,

They are for TS12 SP1. As for the many missing kuids - that is a mystery as I only used assets that were on the DLS or came with the DVD. However, when I submitted the layouts for approval I did get a list from Auran that said :-

"This report lists your content that has dependencies which are not currently on the Download Station:"

Followed by a long list of kuids. But every one that I have so far checked IS on the DLS.

e.g.
- <KUID2:523:1002:1>
- <KUID2:523:1103:1>
- <KUID2:523:1105:1>
- <KUID2:523:1106:1>

all created by user Rob, all are on the DLS but their Trainz versions are labelled as "unknown" and this may be the problem.

I would suggest loading the routes into Content Manager and checking what it says about the dependencies. I firmly believe that they are all there.

Peter Ware

Hi Pware i have sorted out most of the kuids, except for the ones that start with <kuid:-25:XXX> which there is 24 of these kuids just need a little help in finding where these are hiding please.Thanks David

My understanding of the KUID system is that all KUID numbers that have a negative value, such as -25, are built in Auran/N3V assets that came on the installation DVD.

Peter Ware

From version TS2009 onwards all the assets (both built-in and downloaded) are no longer stored in separate user accessible folders. Instead they are part of the .ja files in the <install Drive>:\Program Files\N3V Games\TS12\Builtin folder so you cannot see them except through the content manager program. If they are missing from content manager then it is possible that they have been deleted from your system or there has been some fault with your installation. Neither possibility would bring joy.

Hi Peter,your right there is no joy coming my way.I will try a fresh install and see if that will fix it up as they are the only kuids my system cant find.Again thankyou for your help.David

Back