New Rail-Sim route - a more appropriate place than the TS2009 SnC section

KenGreen

In the old TS2009 section there are discussions as to why there is a delay in the release of the new Rail-Sim route (the creators of SnC and TC3) and the discussion seems to be that N3V have not yet started beta testing the route as they are too busy with other things. This would seem to indicate that they consider PC development as a low priority having split the community between SP1 and pre SP1. It is just a shame that Rail-Sim did not release the route etc in the same manner as Maria Pass X.
Do android versions allow downloads from the DLS and are there FCT, if not then a Hugh income stream will be lost. I have an iPad 1 with Trainz installed and have recently bought an iPad 4 and downloaded Trainz for the iPad for free. To be quite honest even on the latest iPad Trainz is only suitable for 8 year olds.
I find this situation to be most annoying as there are quite a few Trainzers who have been waiting anxiously for this new release.

Ken

Maybe, just maybe, maybe hopefully, N3V will pursue development of the MAC platform, as it has gone the longest without any update whatsoever.

It is just a shame that Rail-Sim did not release the route etc in the same manner as Maria Pass X.
Ken, Rail-Sim considered that N3V would do a better job of quality assurance, promotion and distribution of "Potteries Loop Line" than ourselves, a group of Trainz modellers. Once the process towards release was started with N3V we assumed progress would be continuous, if variable in rate. It is only with the benefit of hindsight, and PLL in limbo for 3 months, that we appear unwise. A decision to release PLL independently cannot be taken lightly as it entails a sizable additional workload and skills at which we may not shine. We are currently considering our options.
Of course others will think it unwise to have had anything to do with the post-SP1 regime which limits the capability of users to customise a route for their own enjoyment. I sympathise with this point of view, and hope that N3V will find a way to re-enable the ability to customise N3V-distributed routes and associated assets, while preventing these customised assets from being successfully distributed unless authorised by the creators.

Last edited:
Hi Leigh
My comment was not intended as a critism of the Rail-Sim team's decision to go with N3V as with the SnC this was obviously the best decision and it was not unreasonable to assume that you would receive the same level of commitment from them as the team have given to the PLL. It is frustrating for the users but it must be even worse for the team seeing their work not being used.

Six months ago this thread would have received several comments but after SP1 complete apathy seems to have beset the forum. N3V need to work hard to redeem the situation.

Ken

As one who was looking forward to seeing this route become available - its a shame that N3V dont give it the attention it is due.

Hi

I am still looking forward to this route despite the delay.

Beta testing a session will be far more time consuming than beta testing a locomotive as the possible variations in a session can be considerable. If a route has several sessions that come with it then there will be a considerable investment of time in beta testing each session as well as the route. As N3V are a profit making company they may feel that their time and money is better invested in producing five or six new DLC locos and rolling stock which will keep their revenue stream continuous.

It would be a great shame if N3V don't eventually publish this route but if that were to prove the case then I for one would be interested in buying directly from the Rail-Sim team. However it would require many more people to express an interest than we have seen so far for the team to even contemplate taking such a step.

Regards

Brian

It would be good if N3V actually gave some information out on the situation, but I expect they'll stay silent as usual.

The normal time this doesn't apply is when they want us to buy something. Then you can't but help fall over N3V employees in the forum. :)

They do want us to buy this though and to be quite honest the PPL route will be worth as much as at least three DLCs.
It seems as though the only way to see this route in the near future is to volunteer as a beta tester.

Ken

Malc
We worry because no information is coming out. I would have thought after the mess of SP1 N3V would try to keep us more informed. We have a newsletter which is really a sales flyer this should be used more appropriately.

Ken

Beta test invites being organised

I have just learnt that some Trainzers are shortly to be invited to beta test PLL.
At least there is hope that the process to release PLL is about to re-start.

Last edited:
Id be happy to test. I remember some time ago being asked by N3V to do some testing for the ipad but despite being asked and sending in all the correct paperwork and being accepted - nothing ever came of it :( Oh well best of luck to those who do get asked.

If invitations to beta test this route is just starting what has been happening during the past three months. How long does beta testing take, how long is a piece of string ? I think that we will be lucky to see this route before summer 2014.

Ken

Back