First-class ticket, This ain't no high speed download that's for sure

Kamidan

So I finally decided to activate my last 6 month first-class tickets, one that I've been holding onto for a long time now.

Why is it that the content manager says that it's downloading at 275 MB per second yet the content that it is downloading is only 173 kB and it's taking over 45 seconds to download?

And when it hits a 6 MB file to download it may start off at 2750 MB per second download speed but around 1/10 into the download the download speed has now dropped to 6.50 KB, why is this?

My Internet speeds are rated for downloads at 5000 Mb per second although I often achieve 6000 or 7000 Mb per second when downloading a game off of steam All the way through the download, so why most of the time using my first-class ticket I'm only getting dial-up download speeds?

It doesn't seem to matter that content manager is saying that I'm downloading at 2750 Mb per second in reality it's only downloading at dial-up speeds and were not even talking about 56K dial-up speeds were talking about the old 2400 Bd modem type speeds.

I like this simulator because it's got all of this free content available to us compared to something like train simulator 2014 where it would cost over $3000 to buy all of the custom DLC content from the developer themselves however if I'm paying for first-class ticket I expect to get true high-speed downloads not this kind of stuff. Yeah I'm a little bit miffed that this, to pay for high-speed download and not get it is not fair, I'm sure they have something listed in some kind of an agreement that I must've agreed to that accepts that dial-up speed is considered high speed download to them but it's not in the rest of the world

Look, the bottom line is I don't mind giving you money for first-class ticket, but give me the download speeds that I should get for that, not dial-up speeds!

File transfers across the Internet depend on many factors, you might have a dozen hops in there each one could be a bottle neck. Others do get quite reasonable download speeds, it can depend on the time of day and other traffic, typically Videos are given higher priority across the Internet which can impact the sped you see.

Cheerio John

Good Morning Kamidan
I have checked your account here, and your First Class Ticket is showing as fully active. However, please allow up to 24 hours for Trainz and Content Manager to pick up on your First Class Ticket.

If after 24 hours, you are still not seeing access to the First Class server, then please try forcing a refresh in Content Manager.

To do this, first remove all items from the downloads queue, then go into the settings for Content Manager. Now remove your username and password, then click on save. Once it has saved the settings, restart Content Manager (close it down then re-open it) and then re-enter your username and password and click on save. Once it has saved the settings again, try downloading.

Please note, the actual speed you see will vary. Our servers can provide up to approximately 1000KB/s, however the speed that you see will depend on your connection to our servers, which is outside of our control.

Regards

Back