walking around the cabin of loco

lelo4851

hello all
i keep seeing YouTube videos of trainz
where the driver walks around the cab eg.through the engine room to the other end of the loco
i have noticed this a lot on a lot of Russian locos

just wondering how this is possible ?

thanks
lelo4851

If you are actually seeing an animated driver walking then I cannot help. But putting "-freeintcam" in trainzoptions.txt (in the userdata folder) will allow you to move around using the cursor keys.
Or it could be the camera positions in the config.txt and they you can implement by pressing the [ or ] keys.

The freeintcam is actually intended to help creators determine camera positions but I have used it to "walk" through carriages.

Last edited:
I'm someone too and the information was in my post which was number 2 of this thread.

Just remember that you are looking at the interior mesh and if you "walk" outside the mesh you will generally see what appears to be an incomplete mesh. That's because there is no value in creating something that would not normally be seen.

The -freeintcam option can be very useful for tracking down "attached" meshes that are not in the right place due to a stuff up by the author (me). I've found stuff down at track level and at several metres (yards) up in the sky.

Freeintcam is also great for taking screenshots of other trainz, by roaming outside of the cab of a loco placed on BNSF50 Invisatrack

I set my -surveyorfov at 35, -driverfov at 95, and my cabinfov at 75

Last edited:
Freeintcam is also great for taking screenshots of other trainz, by roaming outside of the cab of a loco placed on BNSF50 Invisatrack

I set my -surveyorfov at 35, -driverfov at 95, and my cabinfov at 75

That's a good idea. You could probably achieve much the same by using N3V's Test Car asset <kuid:523:1972941>.

Curiously, the last line of your post didn't show in my browser. Invisible ink? (Ah. Invisible edit. :hehe:)

Last edited:
Back