Raildriver desktop game controller

jjanmarine3

Hi guys, those of you who use this controller can you please tell me if it is a good product and worth having.
Thanks

I utilise my joystick.

u4va.jpg

I'd say go for it, if you do not like using the keyboard, or have a hard time remembering keyboard commands/shortcuts.

It is programmable, and resembles a modern day locomotive control stand ... I would have preferred an old style control stand.

I use KB commands instead, and they work quite well ... But if you have $200 bucks burning a whole in your wallet ... I guess the luxury is worth it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YK5_y1LzHk
I am actually asking on behalf of a friend who has taken an interest in trainz after he saw me playing around , I do not know much about it..he says if I am nice to him I can borrow the controller now and then, which is the closest I will get to it :eek:... geez....Cool bathroom in the video, talk about luxury

ok thanks guys, one day when I'm all grown up I can perhaps get one ( or two ) too.. my friend has just ordered his at a very cool price from one of the dealers you's mentioned.
I can imagine sitting in a lazy chair in my own soundproof surround sound trainz room kitted out with a large screen TV set , playing trainz with no missing dependencies or errors :p

Yeah right. LOL!!

That is of course the 'ideal' situation :D I just also need to go on an extensive intensive course or three in trainz error repair ,dependency searching, understanding the DLS and service packs...and on top of that I would like to go on a creating course, by the time I am through I will be double our age and using TS3060 :confused:

That is of course the 'ideal' situation :D I just also need to go on an extensive intensive course or three in trainz error repair ,dependency searching, understanding the DLS and service packs...and on top of that I would like to go on a creating course, by the time I am through I will be double our age and using TS3060 :confused:

I've been through the course already. I'm actually running an error free, not a warning free, TS12. It took me forever to clean up my content. Most of the errors were due to dumb things in the config.txt files and a lot of texture errors. Using the proper tools along with a lot of patience, the task can be done.

Now back on topic. I'd love a Rail Driver, but that's out of my pensioner's budget now. I can't justify spending this amount of money on the controller when I can't afford the same amount of money for my medication. As it is I've skipped this month and may have to cancel my health insurance to get by next month. Now if should win the state lottery... :)

John

I've been through the course already. I'm actually running an error free, not a warning free, TS12. It took me forever to clean up my content. Most of the errors were due to dumb things in the config.txt files and a lot of texture errors. Using the proper tools along with a lot of patience, the task can be done.

Now back on topic. I'd love a Rail Driver, but that's out of my pensioner's budget now. I can't justify spending this amount of money on the controller when I can't afford the same amount of money for my medication. As it is I've skipped this month and may have to cancel my health insurance to get by next month. Now if should win the state lottery... :)

John
I would love to have it too but I will have to save to get it , also on pension.
I hope your health improves so that you can cope with things forward.
Keep the faith John .

I've got it and it's very cool. My only issue is having to wire it up every time I want to use it, but that's because I'm just lazy. :eek:

Paul

I think it's awesome, but perhaps I'm just easily amused. It is very well built. The bass booster will shake your desk. My problem NOW is that after being a part of kickstarter and anxiously wanting to give it a whirl I learn that TANE doesn't seem to want to play fair with P.E Engineering and do a little more software to let TANE include this OR any other simulator.
The Raildriver is designed to pretty much replace joystick and hand controller commands and apply them (as you can choose) to the controls.
Lots of hoping for a really new/neat product from TANE but now have an extremely cumberson/super huge piece of software that requires a lot of computer and NO LAPTOP ability.

Back