New digital discounted d/load of TR12 SP1 from Simulator Central for $9.97....

VinnyBarb

*HRH in real life*
Hi, it would be nice to know about this offer from Simulator Central to d/load a digital copy for $9.95 (with code) TS12 SP1 to WHAT STAGE (all hotfixes plus) this actually is upgraded to. Wouldn't you people from N3V Games think this information is IMPORTANT for us mere mortals?

For reasons unfathomable (well yes, I know, cr@py DLS server in the US of A) I can not d/load the recent SP1 service pack with the 3 (I think) hotfixes from where these are usually hosted, hence I have no other alternative other than to buy again the whole shebang of TS12 (about my 5th copy I bought since its release) to finally get the SP1 version. Which I just did a few minutes ago and am presently d/loading a digital copy of TS12 SP1 from SC. But still, I guess as others would like to know too, NO INFORMATION on Simulator Centrals website other than this is SP1 is shown.

Why, or rather why not?

Finally, NO ONE now has got an excuse not to get a digital version of TS12 SP1 for the ridiculous price of AU$ 9.97 (less in US$, about $9 or so) if not having TS12. As shown in the current (today) newsletter from N3V Games.

Cheers, waiting with baited breath for answers from N3V Games (yes, I know, it is a weekend here in Oz).

VinnyBarb

Hi VB,

When you have your new copy installed check the Build number. If its Build 58414 you have all 3 hotfixes/SP1 included.

Cheers
Ron

Hi VB,

When you have your new copy installed check the Build number. If its Build 58414 you have all 3 hotfixes/SP1 included.

Cheers
Ron
I bought it and it like sucking syrup through a straw for the download. The download so far has taken about 20 hours and I'm only about half way. One file failed overnight. I would have happily paid more for a DVD version.

Hi VB,

Cheers
Ron

I know that BUT I wanted to know this BEFORE I committed myself to buy the damn thing. For all I know, there are no hotfixes included as this was not stated by SC.

I bought it and it like sucking syrup through a straw for the download. The download so far has taken about 20 hours and I'm only about half way. One file failed overnight. I would have happily paid more for a DVD version.

Still some 8 to 11 hours to go according to my FireFox, yes, this sucks and I might get the same problems as you did. I would have preferred a boxed DVD copy myself but alas, SC do not offer a TS12 SP1 boxed purchase (yet).

Cheers

VinnyBarb

I think the slowness of the downloads is a problem with Simulator Central, or wherever these things are hosted. My other network activities are unaffected. Maybe I should have waited a few days before downloading.

I bought TS12 in a different sale recently, and it was build 58414 (SP1+HF3), and I see no reason that they would have changed it again since then.

I just got the 'SP1' for that price. I put the 'sp1' in comma's because nothing on the page says it is a service pack like I have been used to seeing. Have I purchased a service pack or the entire sim again, albeit cheaply? If I download the 6 parts will it update the existing TRS12 or overwrite the whole thing?

It's likely that you've purchased the entire sim again, as Trainz service packs do not cost anything to get hold of.

Shane

I bought TS12 in a different sale recently, and it was build 58414 (SP1+HF3), and I see no reason that they would have changed it again since then.

Different sale, same product. Companies do this all the time and it's up to sales and marketing to come up with a sale campaign, wording, slicks, TV advertisements, etc.

John

It's likely that you've purchased the entire sim again, as Trainz service packs do not cost anything to get hold of.

Shane
Thanks for that Shane, don't suppose you know where the service pack is hiding then? I click on the link for the supposed serice pack and it keeps sending me to the same page for the same download.

Seems to me that it is all misrepresented - I am guessing it is actually TS12 standard, then it will become automatically patched to SP1 and HF1-3 after installing. In the earlier posts of this thread you were mentioning 8-11 hours left. Did you finish, and install? If so, did you have to update after, or only install without proceeding to do anymore things to it after that?

Paul

Having bought this and installed it, I can assure you it includes SP1 and HF3. The version is 58414.

But it did take me over 2 days to download it including one failed download of one part and a corrupt version of another. The file total is about 6.7GB of data! Personally, I think a digital download is very impractical unless you are fortunate enough to have a really good connection speed. I do have broadband but the copper wire between my home and the local exchange is not that good.

Good Evening All
The download supplied with new purchases of Trainz Simulator 12 Digital Downloads within the last few months will include Service Pack 1 in Trainz Simulator 12 (build 58414, which includes all hotfixes).

I will speak to our shop admin tomorrow to look into adding this information to the shop page for the digital download. We have not found it necessary to include this information previously, however I will ask our admin to look into it.

Regards

Good Evening All
The download supplied with new purchases of Trainz Simulator 12 Digital Downloads within the last few months will include Service Pack 1 in Trainz Simulator 12 (build 58414, which includes all hotfixes).

I will speak to our shop admin tomorrow to look into adding this information to the shop page for the digital download. We have not found it necessary to include this information previously, however I will ask our admin to look into it.

Regards
This will eliminate all doubts and confusion. Thank you.

Paul

Back