AJS Invisible Station and Call At issues...

Merrick6ac

Gentlemen, apologies in advance if there is some resolution in a thread out there somewhere, but I am only able to find problems and no solutions....

AJS Invisible Stations...I have been away from TRainz for a few months, but from what I remember it all worked fine last time I used it. Now I have returned and having foudn a working timetable online for Fort William Mallaig I have been trying to implement it on my modified route of said name. Using 156´s and the Call at command, if there is no further instructions a train will stop and load, if I place a list of instructions, the trains do not even stop....also having problems simply loading at terminus before starting journey.

Has anyone found a solution to this frustration? It seems I am not the onyl one running itno these difficulties....

Cheers,

M

Welcome to the forums.

Can I verify that you are using a Load command after the Call At command? If you want a command that does both together, have a look at the Load At command.

Shane

Ah Ha! Thank you for the prompt response...Been lurking in the shadows of the forum for several years, until finally needed to log on to ask a question.

Well tried a variety of different approaches, seemed the Load command just brought the journey toa halt and did nothing, no loading or doors opening closing, passenger graphics on trains etc, I will head over to downloader and get hold of load at command now and see if that makes the difference. Can I use the load at command to load up at a terminus before setting off?

M

That seems to be working lovely thank you, albeit still having problems collecting at the start of journey, otherwise....sweet

M

For terminus stations, you may still need to use the Call At/Navigate To/Drive To command followed by the Load command, as the Load At command combines Navigate/Drive To with Load.

Shane

That seems to be working lovely thank you, albeit still having problems collecting at the start of journey, otherwise....sweet

M

If you continue to have problems use instant load to fill the train with passengers. I have added about 40 AJS stations to ECML and I must admit that if I start at Kings Cross I haven't added invisible stations because its easier to use instant load and the Load Passengers command to open and close the doors.

Ken

Have been doing a trial run and found that trains seem to be flying through stations without stopping again. Will try some different combinations of orders and report back if I have any resolution. If anyone else has any AJS suggestions while Ia m at it...I am all ears...

Cheers,

M

Are the stations showing if you use the drive to command. See if using this command plus the load command helps. Also try using invisible speed signals to slow the train down on the approach just in case the train is going too fast to stop in time for the station trigger.

Ken

Cheers Ken will give that a go, have been working on some route building recently rather than operations, (what I call Slartybartfasting) but when I feel an operations urge, will apply your advice and see what kicks off...have found some genuine WHL operations timetables which have helped peak my interest in returning to the excellent Fort William Mallaig route again....

Back