My NW 611 Understandings

Simon0325

Cass Climax #9 lover
As you all probably know NW 611 is going to be in NS's steam program in 2014. Now you may have seen this in another post, but I wanted to make one just about my understandings of what is going to happen to 611. The Fire Up 611 campaign showed that 611 can run again. So sometime in October she will be sent to a shop in North Carolina or South Carolina (I forgot what Carolina it is) to be restored. So when she is done she will only be running only day trips out of Roanoke due to the fact that people come from all around the world to see her at the Virgina museum of transportation. Now I honestly don't like this but I understand why they are doing this. Fell free to correct me and give your understandings of what is going to happen to 611.

It will be sent to the NC Transportation Museum in Spencer, NC. Also, all this is contingent upon reaching the fundraising goal, something like $5million and some change, which is due at the end of next month. I haven't seen any updates since June and they had less than 150k at that point. I don't really see the problem with running it out of Roanoke since that city owes its existence to the N&W and is practically a holy land for the railroad if not Virginia railroading all together.

Are they really sending it to the NCTM? Thats awesome! I hope I'll be able to see it whenever they get it down here!

Thank you for correcting me! So it sounds like they are going to need more time to get the money up to 5 million.

Back