Magic's F40's

prre6

** Fire Department**
I just downloaded the updated version of the F40PH and the auto numbers seem to be disabled. How do I fix that?

I should specify: Downloading it with no tampering it will not show the ARN; it is non-edited on my part in CCP and the ARN do not show. It is the one Magicland updated so it would stay on the DLS.

well lots of good news its an easy fix
this fix has been covered many times before
and you did not have to wait to long for an answer (would have got a quicker one if you had asked this in the TS12 area)

Open the loco for editing In CMP rename the directory called "amtrack_F40ph_alpha_numbers" to "_alpha_numbers" this is something you have to do to quite a few assets in TS12 to get the ARN to work.

Would this work with SP_OR_BUST's diesels since they have the ARN yet the numbers fail to show at all. Although that is probably a whole nother problem in itself.

Where is that under? It does not exist in my asset which could explain why it doesn't work.

I once had the same problem. I learned that if you download the Viarail skin of the F-40, "<KUID2:58843:77:1>" the number boards work. I think it has something to do with the naming of the folder where the number images are at is wrong compared to what is on the config file.

Would this work with SP_OR_BUST's diesels since they have the ARN yet the numbers fail to show at all. Although that is probably a whole nother problem in itself.

There are literally nearly a hundred threads about Frank's locomotives and how to fix them. Likewise, there are probably 20 threads now saying that Chris (N8PHU) is in the process of repairing all of Frank's stuff to TS12SP1 compatibility. In due time, what you want will be available, but if you can't wait, search the forums and you can find how to fix them.

It might, it only works in TS12 and it often fixes ARN problems its got to do with how TS12 looks for the alpha numbers

Back