Speed Daemons... not

prre6

** Fire Department**
Hey guys,

I have a new(er) route in the works and it has a lot of AI traffic going on it. One problem I have is the speed limit. the max speed limit is 125mph and the train, on a full clear green, will only go 30mph. in the 60mph zone it goes 8mph. Any guess on how to fix this?

I would look into two things here. Firstly, check the junctions are correctly placed, and check the engine specs used by the train.

Shane

and in particular the junctions as Shane has mentioned as well as your signal spacing and the kinds of signals.

I have some 60 and 70 mph stretches and have had trains slow down to 30 mph. I found I had some junctions many miles away set the wrong way for the train.

Check your signal spacing too and the kinds of signals. If your signals are too far away, the trains will slow down to 1/2 speed or 30 mph. The same will happen if the wrong kind of signal is used. If for example you are using advance approach signals, these will slow the train down especially if there is nothing ahead of them. Some people use them incorrectly as permissive signals causing the slow down. In this case, they should use Type 05s instead. If the advance approach signals are used prior to an approach signal (Type 06), then they don't cause this.

John

Back