Fox Mountain and Little River Railroad's (MPish)

JIb228

Multiplayer Guru
So for the longest time I have had this fictional railroad in my mind. The Fox Mountain Railroad to be precise.

And so the other day I set out to make my self just a little personal route to use CMTMS on and have a little fun with it. As the route quickly grew I had the idea to include interchange operations with another railroad. That's when the idea for the Little River Railroad came up. I shared this wip route with a few others and they liked it a lot. So I made some changes they requested, added a few new things here and there and continued to share it.

Then I got the idea that if I could get CMTMS working in MP I could release it there. Now at this point its not ready for MP. But I have officially released the early stages of the route. There's still a ton of work to be done, but I have a clever idea I want to work with. The idea is, as you guys and gals play the route in SP mode, and as we test out the CMTMS and other features of the route I can keep building it adding or making changes. This way we get a route that is tailored to what we want and like in an MP route.

So maybe an industry that you'd like to see. Or an idea for a switching area. Or a change to existing track work. Now not all ideas will be implemented, but any thing will of course be looked into.

Now for some of the operational details. The layout is two railroads, that dont run on the same track but do interchange with one another. They do have shared track in the FMR's yards titled FMR Durand. But its all ways a FMR crew that works the yard. LRR only comes in to drop off and pick up cars for their yard.

On the CMTM records, cars have routing information such as Home Depot_LR. The underscore and LR or FM indicates the railroad that handles the car. This mean's that if an FMR crew picks up a car that says Home Depot_LR, then that can needs to be taken to FMR's yard and put in train for an LR crew to pick up. And the same thing for an cars with FM.

Here is a map showing what tracks belong to which railroad:

Map_zps66efb3d3.jpg

This help show which tracks crew's are allowed to run on.

As for the session, there are a few rules to operating that I want to cover.

1. LRR and FMR trains stay on their own track. So a LRR locomotive will not ever run on FMR track unless in Durand yard picking up a transfer train. The wye track by LRR is not to be used by ether railroad. (Its the old interchange and is only used in rare cases.)

2. Only pick up cars from an industry that you have cars to drop off at. This means that if you dont have grain hoppers for Dillard Grain, do not pick up the cars that are there.

3. Do not send cars to an industry that it's cars are not ready for pickup. If Durand Grain still has 2 hours to go on its time, do no send a local to drop off more cars there.

4. Hammansport is its own railroad. FMR crews are only meant to deliver and pick up cars from the siding track's. The Hammansport Switcher works those industries. (Marked as HIR in your switch list.)

5. When switching, you may leave cars on the sidings or the main so long as they do not block the line for more the 15 minuets. Please try to keep a through track open at all times.

6. When working in or around the Durand area, please completely clear signals. If leaving the Durand yard or using the wye, this means pulling past the signal tower. Then if you dont get a green signal, move past the nearest orange rail joiners.

7. If the session is full, please PM me in game and I can see if there is an open slot. (Such as an AFK member) This also means if you join, and are gone for a long time you may be booted out to make room.

8. Any questions will be first met with a dumb look, but then answered.

Train Orders
Durand Yard Crew - Works the Durand yard and Durand Grain. Sorts cars into trains as well as runs cars to and from Hammansport

FMR Lewiston Local - Works all industries out of Durand yard to Lewiston. (Industries include: Dillard Grain, Mortimine MFG, Lewiston Mill) This train should NEVER go to Gern.

FMR Gern Local - This train works all industries in Gern. (Industries include: Gern Int, Gern Shipping, Henderson A and B, DOW Chem, Boweres Warehouse, J Simon Electrical, Gern Team Track

LRR/FMR Transfer(s) - These trains move between Durand and Little River yards transferring cars for each railroad as need be. These trains should never be less the 6 cars long.

Little River Yard Crew - Works the Littel River yard and sorts cars into trains.

LRR Local SB - This local heads south to work Little River MFG, and Meijer Dis.

LRR Local NB - THis local heads north to work all industries in Lewiston. (Industries include: Home Depot, Johnson Controls, Jets MFG) This train also takes cars to Exxon, but only drops them off at Exxon and picks up whats ready to head out. This train never works any of the industries at Exxon. Remember to have a spacer car between loaded tank cars and your locomotive(s).

Exxon Switcher - This crew works the Exxon refinery. They are provided a caboose to use as a spacer car between loaded tank cars and the locomotive. This locomotive and caboose should never leave Exxon trackage. (LRR locomotives are only permitted to drop off and pick up cars on a siding in Exxon.)

Hammansport Switcher - Works all industries in Hammansport. This crew should never leave Hammansport. (FMR locomotives are only permitted to drop off and pick up cars on a siding in Hammansport.)

Video showing a brief over view of things. (Now with better audio.)

I hope to keep this topic up to date as I continue to work on the route.

Last edited:
We have attempted to run this in MP. You have a dependency that is not on the DLS.

It is Grain HP <KUID2:46162:60001:11>.
The Built-In Version is <KUID2:46162:60001:09> and needs to be changed in your KUID Table.
It is Line 14 <kuid2:46162:60001:11>

Last edited:
We have attempted to run this in MP. You have a dependency that is not on the DLS.

It is Grain HP <KUID2:46162:60001:11>.
The Built-In Version is <KUID2:46162:60001:09> and needs to be changed in your KUID Table.
It is Line 14 <kuid2:46162:60001:11>

Ill check that dependency, but you'll have to fill me in on how you tried it in MP with out an MP session being made for it.

Edit, checked it, its the right dependency. I dont have any thing installed with the kuid of <KUID2:46162:60001:11>

Last edited:
Nothing shows up under the route or the HTML assets. Further searching did show the session had an asset that was missing. WHich is odd, the session should rely on the HTML assets for what assets to use. The HTML asset show the correct grain, and so dose the route. No idea how or why the session got changed.

Awesome I thought about a little play around route as a side job too! I see you alot in here as well, heck maybe one day I'll head east with my route and when we merge em in the middle, all trainzers can have a golden spike party! JOking..... I want a small swiching route I've been visioning, with portals that provide frieght in intervials so you can pick up then take to industrys! Sort of endless session! Just thinking.....

THanks for the motivation...

WIlliam

Well one idea I have so far that is partially implemented on this route is a third rail line. The Hammansport Industrial railroad. So far its just a small little area. But as the route grows I intend to expand it more. So if you like switching, there that for you here. I tried to include a little of every thing I like in a route. Form main line runs, to branch line, to industrial, to interchange. Its all there for the most part, and it will all grow.

Sorry I mislead you to the route when it was the session. I was extremely exhausted last night from a hard week of moving thus not firing on all four cylinders as of late (LOL).

Ok, so after a few tests, things seam to be working ok. I am aware to a few bugs in the system so far, and have taken notes on what to change.

But I will be hosting a session most of the day Friday the 23th on the route now that a CMTMS3 MP session has been made. Then next week I will be doing a track and industry update. The update will include fixes to existing track, new industries, and some scenery. But that's for next week.

As for the session, there are a few rules to operating that I want to cover.

1. LRR and FMR trains stay on their own track. So a LRR locomotive will not ever run on FMR track unless in Durand yard picking up a transfer train. The wye track by LRR is not to be used by ether railroad. (Its the old interchange and is only used in rare cases.)

2. Only pick up cars from an industry that you have cars to drop off at. This means that if you dont have grain hoppers for Dillard Grain, do not pick up the cars that are there.

3. Do not send cars to an industry that it's cars are not ready for pickup. If Durand Grain still has 2 hours to go on its time, do no send a local to drop off more cars there.

4. Hammansport is its own railroad. FMR crews are only meant to deliver and pick up cars from the siding track's. The Hammansport Switcher works those industries. (Marked as HIR in your switch list.)

5. When switching, you may leave cars on the sidings or the main so long as they do not block the line for more the 15 minuets. Please try to keep a through track open at all times.

6. When working in or around the Durand area, please completely clear signals. If leaving the Durand yard or using the wye, this means pulling past the signal tower. Then if you dont get a green signal, move past the nearest orange rail joiners.

7. If the session is full, please PM me in game and I can see if there is an open slot. (Such as an AFK member) This also means if you join, and are gone for a long time you may be booted out to make room.

8. Any questions will be first met with a dumb look, but then answered.

Available crews.
Little River yard master - Sorts inbound and out bound cars in LRR yard.
LRR Road Crew(s) - Works industries on LRR or runs transfer trains to and from Durand Yard and Little River yard.
Hammansport Switcher - Works HIR.
FMR Yard crews - Works industries on FMR or runs transfer trains to and from Durand Yard and Little River yard.
Durand yard master - Sorts inbound and out bound cars in FMR Durand yard.

(This is only 5 jobs, but we do have room for 6 people. If you join, you might end up sitting waiting for a train. This is prototypical.)

New update is available. This adds a few new "industries," a little more mainline track. And some scenery. Tomorrow Ill put up an "how to" video showing how to operate it. Then Friday afternoon/evening Ill start up a server for the weekend.

Squashed the bug's.

-An industry on the route changed, but I forgot to change it in the data soup

-I skipped a series of umber in the soup. (Went form 90 to 100 by skipping 91-99)

With those fixed Ive sent an update in. Also working on an update for the single player session for those who want to avoid MP.

With the current version there is only one minor bug. I forgot to make records for tank cars siting on the ECS tracks in Little River yard. Nothing to keep the route and session form working though.

So Ill be hosting a session this weekend starting today! Teamspeak is at 68.32.90.157. If you are working on the LRR, join that channel, if you are working on the FMR, join that channel. Railroad to railroad communications are done via the text box.

Also for the session, I have may a Central Yard Operations, CYO, sheet. With this sheet you can put cars on a yard track, then fill out the sheet and tell people whats going on with that track. For example, I can fill out that FMR Track 1 is for the LRR transfer train. Then some one can look at the CYO and know whats going on with the cars on track 1.

CYO is here!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjViFmroBUm-dHRmLUUtMERPVTFYRmg1MzhJMHEtdnc&usp=sharing

On there, tracks in red should never have cars left on them. ECS tracks maybe used for storage while swtiching, but never as a long term holding track.

New update should be on the DLS in the next few hours. Once it is, I will start another weekend long op-session.

Once again, use the CYO to know what each yard track is being used for or who is yard master. If there is a yard master that is.

This session is going to introduce train orders and train symbols, which you will be able to find that information both on the CYO and in the OP of this topic.

Jib,

Several of the cars are show 65 hours until ready to pickup. Better check you cmtm records.

Its a bug with CMTMS is MP, they are all set to do 5 hours. If you leave the seesion and rejoin later, they might say ready for pick up.

Update on the route and session and every thing. I have my session up and running, and will keep it up until at least October 8th, but no later then that. You see, I'll be moving out of state on the 8th and wont be taking my host computer with me right away. I will still continue to update the session and route, but I most likely wont be hosting sessions until I ship out my host PC. BUT at any time any one is more the welcome to host a session.

Now as of this moment, version 1.3 is on its way to the DLS. But due to a minor hiccup, one of the needed assets, the CMTMS records them selves, have yet to be approved. Where as the route, session, and new rollings stock have been. So if you have version 1.3, you might not be able to join the current session. And if you try to host your own session, some of the records might not work for you.

Also, when you join a session, at least my TOPSIG session, make sure to bring up Qucik Drive and set your day of the week to the right day. (If its Monday, set it to Monday. Or if its Tuesday, set it to Tuesday.) This will prevent you from seeing cars as taking 65 or more hours to load.

After day three of the funeral and long drives (burned out already), I plan on working on a module for your route.
For all that are unsure of this route or find the scenery is not finished, the functionality was key.
Our group has ran this many many many times and if you follow real railroading policies/procedures you will find this to be a great Multiplayer Experience.

Back