The Canadian Thread - Hi-Res images

Morning guys and gals; Boy, I'm really slacking off. It's just to nice outside and I got 2 tons of gravel out there laughing at me. Well, I got most of it spread around the driveway. Myself, wheel barrow and shovel are just about worn out. Here's where I'm at now. I'm putting in a little lobster "industry" where none existed before. I just have to go a little fictional....there's very little to do otherwise. Just coming back from Upper Musquodoboit with a small load of Mosher's limestone. I would have had to drag the reefer all the way out there with me and drop it off on the way back. .... anyway, those boys will cook up the "lobstas", put them on ice and load them up. I'll pick 'em up tomorrow.

Now, I'm wondering if it was possible to ship live lobsters by rail. I'm sure they could make it into town, but what kind of rolling stock would be used? I wonder how all those folks up in Ontario got live Nova Scotia lobsters? Maybe they settled for frozen.

Cheers all....I'm loving the CNR 0-8-0 Michael.....Rick
rickf77_20140618_0000.jpg~original

Last edited:
Ohh just put them into a reefer car and drop them off at the Windsor junction and I'll pull out my WHRC 8027 and take them to hantsport for the yard crew we'll have a lobster feast tonight after work.

Yes, yes, I was a little worried that might happen! Note to self..."Keep a close eye on D and his crew."

Cheers...Rick

Last edited:
Aww Rick your mean and the boys took the time to find this old 1950 wood reefer too just so no one would confuse the eras
dragonharh_20140618_0001_zpse657724f.jpg

Last edited:
Hello all,

Some CP & CN 2-10-2s should be at the DLS in a day or two, These will be the last uploads for a short while.

Here is the cause:
cpr4-6-2atBrookmere_zpsfb401d91.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I had a lot of problems with the white tire on the trailing bogey. It wobbled :'( when driving. So, I've decided to move to a newer colouring package. I've been using Paint Shop Pro 7, a perfectly good program, but old and not well integrated with Win7. So my choices are: Paint Shop Pro 9 or GIMP. So over the next few weeks I'll be trying each.

Thanks for listening.
cheers,
--Michael.
PS Rick, I can't do "License Plates". They would need access to the original mesh, and I am NOT, repeat NOT going into 3-D modelling.

Last edited:
Good stuff you have going on Mike. May I suggest toning down the whilewalls to bring them in line with the overall weathered appearance of the locomotive? Simple hue/sat or brightness adjustment layer will do the trick.

WHAT!? You're not going into 3-D modelling? Hee, hee, no sweat my friend. I thought it might be something that had to be created and then somehow attached to the loco. I'm telling ya, my friend, that CNR 0-8-0 has stolen my heart! I promised myself I would stick to 3 types of CNR locos. Well, you made a liar out of me! There were plenty of 2-10-2s in Nova Scotia....maybe too many. I've seen several photos of them in head on collisions with each other! Keep 'em coming bud, I'll use all of them! I love that Pacific (even if it is CP)! How can we ever repay you for all the great Canadian skins? The Order Of Canada perhaps? Naa...that's not enough!

Thanks Michael....cheers....Rick

Well,

@chris2001trainz2010:
well, if that model had the sideplates of a CPR G-c-3, that model would be a perfect candidate for CP 2317.

It's on the list: build sideplates in Google sketchup, export and use PEVsoft's attachment maker...

@nicky9499
Good stuff you have going on Mike. May I suggest toning down the whilewalls to bring them in line with the overall weathered appearance of the locomotive? Simple hue/sat or brightness adjustment layer will do the trick.

Absolutely! I have a bunch of stuff to do to the 4-6-2. A black bell? Change the number to yellow, put a number on the tender, white sidewalls for the tender. I got the maker's plate right but the "Superheater logo (gold) is too bright too. Etc.,etc.
@rickf77
WHAT!? ... I'm telling ya, my friend, that CNR 0-8-0 has stolen my heart! I promised myself I would stick to 3 types of CNR locos. Well, you made a liar out of me! There were plenty of 2-10-2s in Nova Scotia....maybe too many. I've seen several photos of them in head on collisions with each other! Keep 'em coming bud, I'll use all of them! I love that Pacific (even if it is CP)!

I plan a CN version, I have a picture of CNR #5588, an older model without the feedwater heater right in front of the funnel, which will be my guide and it shows the CN passenger logo on the tender.

Also, I have my layout to do. I'm almost finished the Princeton subdivision, 32.6 miles. It took 8 months and is about 10% (about 1400 baseboards) of the whole route . I do reskinning when I need a break from planting trees. :hehe:

cheers,
--Michael.

Froobie, that is epic! I had a chance to visit my folks last weekend and took some pics of the locomotive you reminded me of. And then you go and try to build it!

I'm not sure of the quality of the trainset I got, but it seemed decent. Here are some pics I took (sorry about the flash and poor quality - didn't have a lot of time and took them on my iPhone)

Hope these help! :)

Morning Gents; "Whoa there big fella!" Thank you very much indeed Michael! Boy, things are looking up for us poor old Canucks!

Cheers...thanks for yet another one...Rick

EDIT... I thought I had read that we had these in the Atlantic region. Now, I'm not so sure! The accident photos (now looks like the same one from different angles) were of what really appears to be a 2-8-2 and a 2-10-2 in Que. Sorry about that! Well, there WILL be 2-10-2s in MY region! Also, just in case I was dreaming, I had to make sure I saw CNR 4-6-2 tenders with both types of "logos". I did!
rickf77_20140620_0000.jpg~original

Last edited:
4100 nice I own the HO model of her.
Took VIA up to Windsor today and saw a some campers along the way we stopped abit and forgot the passengers on Bord needless to say we ended up having a BBQ over a open fire and some grilled fish the train arrived 13hrs late.
dragonharh_20140620_0003_zps7c814ee4.jpg

Last edited:
Morning All;

No wonder everything is falling apart around here! All D and his crew think about is eating (for free).

Dang that Kiwi, how'd he figure out how things look around here!? Another nice one my friend!
rickf77_20140621_0000.jpg~original

Well, here's where I'm at now. I don't know if my mouse is dying or what. I have to sometimes click it several times before it does anything. I have a fancy new wireless mouse...guess it's time to try it out. I'm not sure what to do next. I may go back to Dartmouth and start on the yard or take a crack at some grass on the parts I've done so far or have a look at the next 10 miles or so of track. Anyway, I hope I am giving you an honest look at my province. It IS NOT always sunny here. Yesterday, out of nowhere, we had some hail! When they paved the road in this shot, there was not much need for the railroad anymore. Dang it!

Cheers....Rick

The WHRC hijacked ( borrowed ) Ricks 2-10-2 drive it 88mph to the year 2002 and is now making her work the DAR Sorry Rick We hired Doc and need of 4100.
dragonharh_20140620_0009_zpse4e95006.jpg

dragonharh_20140620_0005_zps3df33dff.jpg

dragonharh_20140620_0004_zps7dca07a0.jpg

dragonharh_20140620_0008_zps3fe22e19.jpg

dragonharh_20140620_0007_zpsdad3272c.jpg

dragonharh_20140621_0012_zpseea1a011.jpg

DAR got a bit greedy.
The NS boys got to have routes Its grate there were both restoring to vitle routes back to life.

Last edited:
So that's where it went! Looking good D! Yeah, I gotta hire some security. Some (ahem) pirates seem to be running off with all the gear!

Cheers....Rick

Oh yeah, see you have that movie in another section. I will have a look ASAP my friend! I'm really trying to cut down on my trainzing for the summer. Not easy!

Last edited:
Back