The Canadian Thread - Hi-Res images

Nice shots all!

Have a look at this beast! Yeah, I swear to ya I saw a place just like this ..... what, you don't believe me? Would I lie to ya?

Cheers All .... Rick

X68e0qG.jpg
nqhspPK.jpg

GTASA Awesome shot (as always). I have been trying to resist but can no longer haha and must ask if that's a personal reskin or a MSTS conversion or....?

Keep up the great work everyone!

Gisa

Last edited:
Terrific shots everybody! The 2412 looks incredible, gtasa! I remember when CN got those 2400s. Instructors, mechanical and electrical, were sent to Saskatoon from Winnipeg to give us some training on them. They were a lot different from the GM stuff that we were used to.

An old fellow at the local museum gives some school children a talk about farming with old equipment. It seems not everyone was interested.
Cheers, Jack
xHth96w.jpg
[/IMG]

Looks like someone wants to be a pilot when he grows up...
Those kids look much better in game than the Content Manager preview would lead you to believe. Pity they're too modern for my route.

Another tough day of work for the engine crew:p
Pic5.jpg

CaseyBerg, yes it is my route. All the terrain was generated with TransDEM.

This is the actual location where the route is:

Last edited:
GN 477 northbound to Nelson.

Pic3.jpg

I thought I would try to make a video using a steam locomotive in CAB mode rather than in DCC. Usually I don't do this as the safety valves more often than not start popping uncontrollably during the process. After a few dozen practice runs I got lucky this time and managed to keep them quiet.
This video is part of the Great Northern Nelson & Fort Sheppard Railway near Nelson, B.C. Trains ceased operation in 1997.

Great screens and a very nicely done video, rjbradley! You've done a spectacular job on your route. As for running steam in cab mode, I haven't had a lot of luck with it.
I enjoyed the rail trail video as well. I may getting to Nelson this summer. It's been a very long time.
Cheers, Jack

Beautiful route of beautiful country! I remember going up from the US to Trail, BC, up to Castlegar and New Denver, then taking the pass over to Kaslo and heading south. Found a fishing cabin available for the night in Ainsworth so was able to spend the next day lounging a sore back in the hot springs, Then headed south through Nelson and Montrose back to Northport, WA. Gorgeous drive all the way!

Jack, hope you get to Nelson this summer. We spent almost a week there last September for a CP/GN historical convention. Great little city.
As for steamers in CAB mode, there are lots of bugs in the simulation of steam. I had a few runs where the boiler pressure suddenly jumped from 170psi to over 1400psi. I recall they were trying to get a user group together to try to fix some of the warts. Not sure if that ever happened.

Forester1, that sounds like a great trip you had. Ainsworth hot springs are a real treat.

Oh my, things are really looking good in here. Mr. rjbradley that is some really great work you are doing!

Trying to figure out what to put in the main yard of this route. Really just had to get out of the area I was in and do something else for a change.

Cheers Guys .... Rick

WmUx2kq.jpg

That sure does sound like a good trip, Forester1! I love the mountains.

rjbradley, I've learned that there are a number of brew pubs in Nelson. A cold one would be nice after a day of taking in the sights.

Rick, another great shot! I like all the little details that you put into them.
Cheers, Jack
mIXZX4B.jpg
[/IMG]

Back