The Canadian Thread - Hi-Res images

Casey, Rick, rs2007, you're all doing a really great job with your routes!

Cheers, Jack
Baa59Zb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Nice looking screenshots everyone :D

----

Jack - I had to get something hot to drink from looking at your screenshot. That's how cold you made it for me :p:hehe:

----

Caught a CP pulling a local freight in for the small yard that's ahead of the supr that'll be used to sort the cars for the local industries that are on the other track down the line.
vbp8zJh.jpg

RCQrcmj.jpg

Cheers

Beautiful shots, everyone!

Some VIA action:

[FONT=&quot]
4ihUGhB.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
abvXDSk.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
lRyUv1d.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
tUIgKLu.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
gviVqSP.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
XY9Rdiz.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
sTwJzwG.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
bu88KvR.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
IZsQEhw.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
mGqZnyA.png
[/FONT]

Those are some amazing screenshots Ericmp!

------------------
CP 5875 having engine problems so CP 5870 is coupling to CP 5875 so it can be towed to be fixed at the repair shops located a few miles down the line.
A5mR90M.jpg

BHr9FmD.jpg

Cheers

Great shots from both of you, Ericmp and Casey!
Hiawathamr, it was a bit warmer on the Wilkie Sub this morning, only -28C. We actually had some rain a week ago just to make driving more interesting but it's back to winter for now.
Cheers, Jack
3o1FSJd.jpg
[/IMG]

That's still cold for me Jack lol.
Right now we're in the 40's but execting some nice snow / rain / sleet later on today / into the night which will bring the temps back down.
Excellent screenshot there as well :D

Cheers

Hey Rick, that's another good looking shot there!

Those shots of yours with the SD40s are real nice, Hiawathamr. I need to take mine out of storage and give them a run.

Cheers, Jack
pwFteWQ.jpg
[/IMG]

CaseyBerg and Rickf77, I sure do like your period shots, they are all extremely well done! Are they based on a certain period route, or just something you each have developed?

HI Forester. I really like looking at the work Casey, Jack, and soooo many others show us in the Canadian Thread. I like the mid 50s and earlier. I try to make the route look Eastern Canadian. Other than that, it's a fly by night operation. I lay down the main line track and then hope for the best! This part of the route is in an area of 3 coal mines. The buildings in the shot above were an idea I had a couple of days ago. I thought some of those miners might need a place to stay. The only other building in this area is this one. When some one likes shots of your work, it makes you want to keep at it.

Thanks, bud and cheers .... Rick

tgCb6Xi.jpg
255306d.jpg
G3nHqHt.jpg

Cannot open boxcar doors

Could one of you fellas that use the steam era CNR and CP boxcars that lilb made tell me if they still have animated doors? Mine are not working, maybe I am missing something? I wanted to add this to the post above, but wasn't sure I was doing the edit correctly.

Cheers .... Rick

Rick, Haven’t seen doors open on any boxcars since early TANE. There was an elevator on my route that use to trigger door animation along with a dust cloud. Someone mentioned that lilb’s boxcars revealed grain doors at certain times. Never seen that.

Forester1, As my signature suggests my interest is mid 20th century “transition era” rail in Canada. I try to make the route look western Canadian.;) The Prairie to Pacific is a hybrid of scenery and track found on the NAR, CN, CP and PGE lines. The mainline track is finished and most of the branch lines. My approach to dressing the route is to position a tracking or static camera and then build a scene within the frame. Visual inspiration comes from Canadian rail books, Classic Trains, Model rail mag archives, the internet and these screenshot threads. Sometimes, as has often happened lately, a new asset on the DLS will trigger ideas, like msgsappers industrial things. The response to my screenshots has been a great motivation to keep building.
Thanks
casey

Meet Becky. She loves her job here at the Chateau Lake Louie. When she’s not handling baggage, you’ll find her running the tour kiosk or leading guests on a trail ride
8-E47554-C-E893-4-F16-995-C-2-CB57-BBF4-D35.jpg

Thanks Casey! Well, I think they are still the best boxcars! I guess it's been some time since I tried to open the doors, I never installed tane. One time I put some plywood in the door opening, left a little gap at the top, and there ya go, a "wheat car". No? I swear to ya, back in the good old days I used to see boxcars just like that parked by the silos on my TS12 routes all the time! I know I took at least one shot of them fancy doors and that may have led to myth of the fabled grain doors!

I'm guessing you are more than just a great route builder, I see rolling stock and items I have not seen elsewhere in your shots.

Well hello, Becky, nice to see a 50's gal. Not like today's young ladies with their tweakin' and their twerkin' ....

Cheers All .... Rick

Becky says “Howdy Rick”.
Re: rolling stock and items. Everything is from the DLS and content websites. Some are heavily reskinned. No content creation from me as yet. It’s been a struggle trying to balance available playtime between route building, running trains and learning Blender. :confused:
Cheers, casey

Thanks for the response, Casey. I have several of the Canadian Rockies routes, and if you and Rick offer your routes for sale I will definitely be buying!

Nice screenshots all.

-------------

@jack me too. So far temps have been going up and down. One day it'll be like 20 above zero and the next day close to 50s and the following day 20s again... Can't wait for spring myself.

Thank you. That's what I decided to do with my SD40-2s is to give them a run since I'm not creating any sessions :D

--------------

Got a CP intermodal train:
YMpJGwN.jpg

pXhauZo.jpg

ycG4KwK.jpg

Cheers

Back