The Canadian Thread - Hi-Res images

The boom in births has dairies increasing capacity to meet the demands of hungry babies
-picture removed-

This must have been nine months after a blizzard came thru town and snowed in the town so the only thing all the newly married couples could do was, well, you know. (Trying to keep it PG here)

My route is set in the mid 20th century so the reference is to the very large post WW2 baby boom of which I am a member. I’m a boomer.
casey

The sun sets on the former Dingus Manufacturing Company, maker of the once popular Doohickey. Sales of the Doohickey had plummeted in recent years as consumers began to question its purpose.

Dingus-Mfg.jpg

Nice shots everyone.

Some GO action on the Lakeshore West Line:

[FONT=&quot]
arhPbWM.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
c8E9b0K.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
IV3ZSd1.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
A3u0JNv.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
z1eFn0E.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
5nJEhiv.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
UGBOdbf.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
wbOFRym.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
B6XmwdI.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
AvzQai5.png
[/FONT]

Continued:

[FONT=&quot]
5DGCwol.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
axtnYtZ.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
oUn7pSA.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
ixvlMWc.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
nyzLm2C.png
[/FONT]

Much appreciated Gary. The Dingus site should prove to be a bottomless source of car loads destined for the yard at Detritus Salvage. More pics to come.
Cheers,
casey

Great shots, Ericmp! It was also neat to see all that power in there, including the reskins you made of those F59ph2s and F40phs. Brings back a lot of memories for me! Keep 'em coming!

Gisa

Honoured Gary. Glad you are enjoying them. This is one of my favourite spots on my route. There are loon call assets placed on the left and right of the camera to create a call and response effect. Nothing like loon calls on a lake to relax. Sometimes I just sit back till the next train arrives. :sleep:
Cheers,
casey

Last edited:
Something I need to ask about the Go Lakeshore West Line. Does trains blow their horns at the crossings or is it a Quiet Zone? My plan is to make a video of the route in the future

Appreciated Rick! A couple of lovely scenes from yourself as well. I’m curious to know what is the grass texture used in the foreground of these shots.
cheers, casey

Hey Casey. I think you are looking at "PBR Grass Mixed 29 (Patchy w/Dirt) kuid2:473136:104153:2. There may also be some "PBR Grass Mixed 31 (Patchy). A great fella named JohnnyC1 must have done thousands of textures. His are the only textures I have installed. I got 99.99% of them. He does good work on many other types of creations also.

Cheers bud .... Rick

Thanks Rick. That one is going to be useful. I’ve been grabbing most all of the JohnnyC1 PBR textures as they are posted. Just haven’t gotten around to reviewing them for my pick list.
cheers,
casey

Back